Christmas plans have fallen through.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiina63

Reaction score
I had plans to go to a friend's tomorrow (Christmas Day) with firm offers of lifts both ways. Anyway, the first lift was to be between 11-30 and 12, but then I got a text to say it would be at 1-15. The friend I was to go to is diabetic and was a bit uncertain about this later time because of needing to eat sooner. We were talking about it and trying to sort something out when during the conversation with her on my landline a text arrived on my mobile from the person who was to bring me home later and then stay at my house for a meal and to chat and watch a DVD, saying that her plans had changed --someone else had suddenly asked her for a meal and she was going there instead so couldn't pick me up or come to tea with me. So I will be home alone tomorrow and it is too late to make any other plans. I'm not too happy about the situation but at least tomorrow will go quickly.

Tiina63 said:
I had plans to go to a friend's tomorrow (Christmas Day) with firm offers of lifts both ways. Anyway, the first lift was to be between 11-30 and 12, but then I got a text to say it would be at 1-15. The friend I was to go to is diabetic and was a bit uncertain about this later time because of needing to eat sooner. We were talking about it and trying to sort something out when during the conversation with her on my landline a text arrived on my mobile from the person who was to bring me home later and then stay at my house for a meal and to chat and watch a DVD, saying that her plans had changed --someone else had suddenly asked her for a meal and she was going there instead so couldn't pick me up or come to tea with me. So I will be home alone tomorrow and it is too late to make any other plans. I'm not too happy about the situation but at least tomorrow will go quickly.

Sorry to hear about that. It hurts when you get let down by people. At least you tried. I hope you can somehow enjoy tomorrow.

I am sorry Tiina. Maybe we can do a virtual Christmas thread ... to pass the time.

so sorry to hear that Tiina :( :(

I guess there was no other way to go home than this person who played the disappearing act - not someone to count on, clearly

if you want to have a chat or something, I am here too :) christmas thread sounds interesting

Nobody deserves to be treated that way and especially not on Christmas day...hang in there..

That's bullshit. I'd love to have stated my feelings about this situation in a more articulate and Christmassy way, but that's my thoughts on the matter. I'm so sorry that you've been treated like this.

If I ever win the lottery, I'll hold an official ALL Christmas dinner for all of those people that want to come and then fly you all over for it. Day dreaming again...

Thank you to you all for your understanding. A Christmas thread would be a great idea.

Cavey said:
That's bullshit. I'd love to have stated my feelings about this situation in a more articulate and Christmassy way, but that's my thoughts on the matter. I'm so sorry that you've been treated like this.

If I ever win the lottery, I'll hold an official ALL Christmas dinner for all of those people that want to come and then fly you all over for it. Day dreaming again...

Daydreaming or not, that would be awesome. ;)

It was a pretty lonely day and I am glad that Christmas is over for another year. I went downtown this morning to get out of the house, breathe some fresh air, and to see people. Next year I want to try and meet some new friends.

Seeker_2.0 said:
Cavey said:

I second the awesomeness of this :)

Tiina63 said:
It was a pretty lonely day and I am glad that Christmas is over for another year. I went downtown this morning to get out of the house, breathe some fresh air, and to see people. Next year I want to try and meet some new friends.

Do it! Don't expect too much from the get go ( I know quite a lot of people but they don't ask me for Christmas) but just having a bit of a chat, and a coffee maybe makes a lot more difference to my mood when I am on my own, almost more than almost as anything else.

And if you try something and it doesn't work, don't give up. Keep on trying interesting things where you meet people. Tell ALL about it. Good bad and indifferent...

I hope to go to some coffee mornings at nearby churches as a friend of mine who moved away made a circle of friends by doing this. And I hope to go to some meet up groups as well.

SophiaGrace said:
Seeker_2.0 said:
Cavey said:

I'm quite serious too - although it would require the aforementioned lottery win before I was in a position to do it. I believe the UK lottery is somewhere around a 14.4 million to 1 chance, so, um, it's not likely, but here's hoping!

Tiina63 said:
I hope to go to some coffee mornings at nearby churches as a friend of mine who moved away made a circle of friends by doing this. And I hope to go to some meet up groups as well.

That's a great idea. The churches near me do that sort of thing.

Cavey said:
SophiaGrace said:
Seeker_2.0 said:
Cavey said:

I'm quite serious too - although it would require the aforementioned lottery win before I was in a position to do it. I believe the UK lottery is somewhere around a 14.4 million to 1 chance, so, um, it's not likely, but here's hoping!

I think that's a pretty cool idea, to be honest. Cavey, you don't even have to win the lottery. We can all do our part to make it work. The only problem is the distance.... among each other, as always. Boo. I'm so far away from you guys. :\

Then again, if you do win the lottery, distance might not be a problem at all. Okay, go for the lottery!

Latest posts

Back