RealDolls anyone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I want to talk about something that might be somewhat controversial and I know not everybody is going to agree with these objects, but try approaching this thread with an open mind to avoid firestorms, OK? =)

I’m sure some of you know what a RealDoll is, but for those who don’t know, here’s the description from Wikipedia:

RealDolls are life-size sex dolls (also considered mannequins) [that] are designed to recreate the appearance, texture, and weight of the human female and male form. Their primary function is to serve as sex partners. The activity can be accompanied by certain preparations such as dressing them up in different types of clothing, changing wigs or makeup, and even adjusting body temperature by use of electric blankets or baths.

I just created this thread to know whether or not I’m alone when it comes to choosing one of these dolls over a person. For those of you that are wondering why I have the mindset of buying this sort of expensive item (they cost between $6,500-$10,000), instead of trying to get into a real relationship, I simply know that it’s not possible; you could say that I fail in almost against every category that would require me to even be a boyfriend. Finding someone that wouldn’t mind my shortcomings is nothing but a dream to me, but I would be more than enough comfortable having something that imitates companionship and warmth of a human body over absolutely nothing and instead of always wondering how such experiences feel like. But yeah, that’s all I’m asking: Is there someone in this site that also feel and desire similar things? Don’t be shy! I’m not allowing haters on this discussion.

I forgot to say, I don’t want to see any posts that say the same, tired sentences that are used to mock people who own these dolls. Whatever insult you come up with, it’ll be very unoriginal and I have heard all those classic, yet moronic quotes like “These people could be rapists, so they are better off with a doll” or “They’re such losers/freaks” or “The dolls can’t say no to sex, just shows how controlling these abusive individuals can be” or “hookers are a cheaper option” or, the one I abhor the most, “Can the doll make a sandwich?” You all should be grateful that you got freaking lucky in finding someone, so be respectful to those who have nobody. By the way, these dolls are bought for other purposes too, not just to mimic companionship. There are stranger things in life anyway, has anyone heard of Dendrophilia? (I don’t have anything against Dendrophiles though; it’s what floats their boat)

If this is what you really want to do, and you have the money for it, I don't see why you would need anyone's approval to do it. Seems like you really contemplated the subject and decided that this decision is in your best interest, so I say if you want to, go for it. I don't think it's weird either, like you said, it's not harmful for anyone.

This forum might not be your best source for finding like-minded individuals about silicone sex dolls. For your benefit, I took the liberty of doing a quick search, and it looks like http://www.dollforum.com/ might be a better site that is far more likely to put you in touch with others who share your interest in these dolls.

Good luck.

Here's a documentary about some individuals who have formed 'relationships' with these dolls.

[youtube]pxCkULUnVH0[/youtube]

OnlyMe said:
Here's a documentary about some individuals who have formed 'relationships' with these dolls.

Don't take this offensively, but what's your point in showing me that video?

I've seen that video before and I really abhor it, it set the stereotype of how individuals who own those dolls are seen; they really weren't the best examples.

I just wanted to know if there were some members in this forum that shared my feelings, which there isn't anyone, apparently.

AnonymousMe said:
Don't take this offensively, but what's your point in showing me that video?

I've seen that video before and I really abhor it, it set the stereotype of how individuals who own those dolls are seen; they really weren't the best examples.

I just wanted to know if there were some members in this forum that shared my feelings, which there isn't anyone, apparently.

The point of posting the video was because I felt that it was related to the topic of the thread.

I don't see anything wrong with it and its a shame people are not more open minded, there are reasons why people have problems with being in a relationship and if that makes you feel better in your life go for it.

Most people i have known over the years when you get to know them deeply have all sorts of things they do behind closed doors that they would not publicly speak about due to social norms, think about all the people have sex toys but they may not advertise the fact and may even criticize to deflect the attention away in there social lives although that is getting less and less an issue in the modern world.

Hopefully in time the dolls will become less of an issue also.

Sorry you get so much grief over it from people.

Haven't explored the thread...or the video...think a doll would have little benefit for me...just further alienation from reality....but welcome diversity

Reminds me of one of my fave Hawkwind tracks
[video=youtube]

Whatever floats your boat I rekon is just fine....

Personally if I was spending the money I'd sooner have me a Sybian(one of the first things on the lottery winning list that lol).

Alma lost her spoon said:

Personally if I was spending the money I'd sooner have me a Sybian(one of the first things on the lottery winning list that lol).

http://sybian.com/overview/

Had to google what a sybian was. :p

I find it difficult to imagine that anything other than the human body could equal that of an inert object. That, or i'm wildly talented with using what I've got. :p

It's not something I would be interested in, but I have absolutely no problem with someone else using one. I'd also like to see more discussion on male sex toys in general.

I see dildos and other female sex toys mentioned on many popular TV shows and the women using them are always very normal, but whenever someone mentions male sex toys, they're always shown being used by people who are anything but normal.

I know a guy with a van with a sybian set up in the back. No seats, and it runs off a second battery. He has some interesting stories.

Cavey said:
It's not something I would be interested in, but I have absolutely no problem with someone else using one. I'd also like to see more discussion on male sex toys in general.

It's a taboo that won't change any time soon, mate.

Just want to say thanks to almost all you for, at least, being understanding.

SophiaGrace said:
I find it difficult to imagine that anything other than the human body could equal that of an inert object. That, or i'm wildly talented with using what I've got. :p

Forearms Popeye would be proud of EssGee? :p

Alma lost her spoon said:
SophiaGrace said:

Forearms Popeye would be proud of EssGee? :p

*twitch* Not that hard.

I wonder if there's a realism oriented doll: one that comes fully featured with negative body language, various facial expressions of contempt and recorded messages telling you she doesn't feel like talking when you approach it.

ardour said:
I wonder if there's a realism oriented doll; one that comes fully featured with negative body language, various facial expressions of contempt and recorded messages telling you she doesn't feel like talking when you approach it.

That is seriously cool 😋

Latest posts

Back