is here anyone happy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Frodothelost

post some few words about your current situation what's going on in your life *no long story say in some words*.

ahah, I wonder how many will answer positively

last year, I would have said "not too bad"

this year is definitely the worst of my life, so no

Uhm, yes-ish. It seems like at least half of the time, if not more, I'm feeling pretty down but there is always something in the end that will bring me back up, even if it takes a little while.

Happiness in an illusion in my opinion. However, although being lonely, I feel more peaceful and content during the past year than I have ever felt in the past.

Happiness is about being satisfied with what you have, im working on that lately. Going to make another post because you dont want a long post and i already wrote it out lol.

No. I enjoy my work, but at the end of the day I go home alone with no one to go out with at any foreseeable point in the future.

I've reached a more or less consistent level of contentment. I have engrossing and enjoyable hobbies, I'm doing well at work, with a hazy plan for my future career development, I have two wonderful kids, three crazy cats...but the close personal connections are harder. I have a large number of friendly acquaintances. My good friends and best friends of the past, well while we're all still friendly, we are all separated by distance. In the end, I basically have just myself to rely on. It is lucky that I enjoy my own company. lol

I had made a very close friend in nursing school, but events of this past year have made me realize that she's more interested in taking than giving. She has benefited from my generosity a lot over the past two years (she stayed with me when she had no place to live in the second half of nursing school), and has not really added anything in a meaningful way to our friendship. She's ready to come over and partake from my table and ask for my help, and is rarely able, no make that NEVER able to reciprocate or give back anything.

The last straw was when she showed up to my daughter's birthday party empty-handed, not even a card with a quick scribbled Happy Birthday. She did that with both of my kids this year actually. I guess in her mind, the rules of friendship and etiquette don't apply. The gift of her presence is present enough? It's not about greediness on my part either, I wouldn't expect anything expensive, but it was evident that the thought of giving the birthday girl a gift never entered her mind. Yet for her birthday, she speaks seriously of her Birthday Week, and expects recognition all week long.

So anyway, I'll be distancing myself from her and focusing my attentions elsewhere. /tangent

Am I as happy as I could be? No.
Is it far better than it has been in years past? Absolutely.

I haven't visited this site for months so I'll check in here. No I'm not happy and I gave up on trying to be happy 30 years ago.....boy what a mistake that was! I thought it was a sane move at the time, though....happiness seemed unattainable, so why try? Contentment WAS achievable though....not that I can define the two terms.

Now, I'm so out of practice in the enjoying anything game that I don't have a clue how to get back to some version of happiness.

But I can and do function usefully in the world. I just never smile. So I'm told.:(

I'm the type of person that when something good comes my way I appreciate it...My boyfriend keeps me sane and yes a lot of times I feel happy...
But I never stop being sad....depression is like having a bitter taste on your lips...

I don't know if I'm happy but I have moments of feeling satisfied, secure, curious and care-free. Those are always good moments.

-Teresa

No, not really. I feel like I made a terrible career decision six years ago and that my life has been spiraling out of control ever since.

yes I am happy. I have a job, it pays enough so I can live, save and spend.
I have 3 days off every week. I have 3 or 4 great hobbies that make me happy.
My Family are all fine and healthy.
I have no drama or problems in my life.
Life is good !

ps BUT it would be nice if I met a woman and she liked me. That is always there in the background somewhere. A friendship / relationship would be nice, nothing too heavy, just nights out and good company.

Latest posts

Back