How did you get "over" the last person you were in "love" with?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
How long did it take before you stopped constantly thinking about him/her? Details please.

I understood that it was not love, it was obsession, because real love does not grasp so strongly on someone else. I understood that it was because my own needs where not satisfied, and that in the end that person was not that right for me.
This of course works only if that person is actually not right for you, otherwise it's a screwup.
But one can argue that if a person is not into you, then it's not right for you regardless of all the other characteristics.

It took me over 10 months to get over him. He didn't reply to any of my messages and unfriended me from all social media... Hurt like ****.. Then I used one of my friend's FB account and spoke to him pretending I was my friend and that is when I realized that he had put every fault on me.. He was blaming me for everything.. He hated me so much... That is when i realized I had to move on... Every word he said made my melting heart a hard stone.. Since that incident I think I do not cry much.. It is just that tears do not flow anymo.. Even if i wanna cry I have to force tears... After his hear piercing words I learnt that everyone in this world had something called ego in their hearts except me... Finally I moved on.. Now I do not miss him but once in a while I remember him... :) too painful.. but not anymo

It once took me one year, then again another one took only a day. Depends on how attached I was to each one.

Stop communicating with the person, create activities in your life to keep you buzy and then just wait it out. The brain is made in a way that does forget, trust the process, its human and it happens naturally.

Time helps. Really, that's the only cure. Even then, it can take a lot longer than you might think, and you may still have bubblings over of emotions and thoughts of them from time to time which seem to have you backsliding.

To get you to that point, keep busy. Throw yourself into something: work, school, a new hobby with no associations with that person.

18 months and counting.
It really sucks battling against ruminating thoughts, loneliness and depression.
Let alone her words which haunt my mind.
**** f'ing holidays...

I don't really know how to answer this question. It always takes a long while for me..

With the rising number of relationships the time span grew shorter and shorter. It depends on the person nonetheless and how much things turned into a mud fight in the end, you know?

The first time, it ate me up for months and it was a couple of years before it was resolved completely. Then again, our parting was a disaster and I always felt like I left him alone with only people who didn't have his best interests in mind. Others were shorter and more peaceful, and I think it depends a lot on the context.

The feelings never really go away. Eventually they just become too irrelevant to bother with underneath the layers of other things.

It's taken me this year....but I have been feeling just lately like I might be there.

Self healing, working to keep myself plodding along until I reached this point & beyond-not a lot else for it.

The first time took over 2 years.
The last girl-still thinking about her once in a while. 3 months after breakup.

for me, it all depends on how it ends. My most important relationship ended on a good way, with both agreeing we should end it, and stayed friends. We loved each other, but we had to end it, so I just instantly knew I had to move on, I saw her as a friend and was over her in no time, it was happy, there was no pain caused by her.

My latest one, is hard. Im 80% over her, after 1.5 months. The whole thing hurt me, and after it ended and love stopped blinding me, I saw what my friends told me, that she used me and abused me, so I knew I had to move on. It's hard, I have no idea how I'm doing it, I guess it's the "I HAVE TO DO IT" treatment, I accepted we're not getting back together no matter how much I love her, no matter how I still think she's the one, I know I must let go, and forced myself to do it

I just keep telling myself that I need to get her out of my mind as she doesnt belong there anymore, and im focusing on other things like chatting with people, working out and music

I kind of had to. There's no point in holding onto something that just isn't there for me. So I let go.

Short the words,
and long the days.
The feelings pass,
but memories stay.
Their voices wind,
which blow away.

Their faces all forgotten.

And then there are those,
who hurt you still,
their faces stay,
and come what will,

their memories never forgotten.

I'm still getting over him, probbly didn't help we didn't have a proper goodbye because of the circumtances. With time and concentrating on other things I found I thought less and less of him.

I think if you have really loved someone you never completely stop thinking of them totally.

Latest posts

Back