who is your favoriate author of all time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Frodothelost

my fav writer is j.r.r tolkien. (hobbit ,silmarillion, or lotr series )not completed still read sometimes. but tolkien is great for me of all the time because i like his fiction genre its different from marvel and harry hogwarts wizardography lol i like harry potter and leo tolstoy in either way plus ive read anton chekov some short stories and sir aurthor conan doyle too right now im doing nothing.

Leo Tolstoy, I have spent years reading all his works. Also Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Henry David Thoreau and Marcel Proust.

Nuzzy Nuz said:
Isabella carmody
Nora Roberts
Srephanie Meyer
R.L. Stine
Loads more.. :)

i don't know any of them.
but yeah you can freely recommend me anyone who's into love header

Seeker_2.0 said:
Leo Tolstoy, I have spent years reading all his works. Also Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Henry David Thoreau and Marcel Proust.

Seeker! hai ^_^
its nice to meet you!
and yesss have you read war and peace ?

Frodothelost said:
Nuzzy Nuz said:
Isabella carmody
Nora Roberts
Srephanie Meyer
R.L. Stine

Seeker_2.0 said:

Seeker! hai ^_^
its nice to meet you!

I still read kid books coz am a kiddo.. :D :)
Seeker I got no reply PM *pouts* *throws a monky at seeker*

Nuzzy Nuz said:
Frodothelost said:
Nuzzy Nuz said:
Isabella carmody
Nora Roberts
Srephanie Meyer
R.L. Stine

Seeker_2.0 said:

Seeker! hai ^_^
its nice to meet you!

I still read kid books coz am a kiddo.. :D :)
Seeker I got no reply PM *pouts* *throws a monky at seeker*

hey nuzzy! had you ever read jungle book or william tell or aladdin?

Frodothelost said:
I guess i watched jungle book and william and aladdin so I didn't read em.. If I am reading i wanna read the book first before wtching the move coz when I do watch the movie before the reading, it pretty much wrecks my imagination..
You read a look then after sometime you notice there is a movie made on that book, when you watch the movie you feel "ouch.. I had a better imagination when i read the book than this movie.." Have you ever felt this??

Nuzzy Nuz said:
Frodothelost said:
I guess i watched jungle book and william and aladdin so I didn't read em.. If I am reading i wanna read the book first before wtching the move coz when I do watch the movie before the reading, it pretty much wrecks my imagination..
You read a look then after sometime you notice there is a movie made on that book, when you watch the movie you feel "ouch.. I had a better imagination when i read the book than this movie.." Have you ever felt this??

same i watched the lords of the rings movies first before read and arabian nights? you even heard of it?

Alma lost her spoon said:
Mervyn Peake

Gene Wolfe

Jack Vance

Alfred Bester

thanks alma ! do you read twilight?

I hate to admit it but Edith Wharton. I was assigned her by a teacher I hated for a book report. I spent like 5 months researching her and the basis of my research was about her battle with not being wed to someone she loved. I live in the same state she did but have never been to her home. Got to to that this summer.

But then about 2000 I decided to read her book called "house of mirth" and man, what an indictment of how the world treats women who do not want to marry. Her point was made in like 1914 and still in 2014 it is exactly the same.

In the story her character is beautiful and even really likes one guy but she is just not sure she wants to be wed. As she blows it off for years... finally she is an old maid. No one wants to marry her but cruel jerks. She has to struggle to really work and lives a poor life. Because she is working so hard and has no money she can't keep up her looks. Finally she realizes the rest of her life will just be one long struggle and decides to kill herself.

It is the derision that society has for any woman (men too but) rejecting marriage or extroversion or rejecting what society values. Your not allowed to be independent of society... you better buckle down and suffer like the rest of us or else.

Not going to kill myself but, not a lot has changed. Though women can work more now, than in that time, when the economy is bad, not so much.

Frodothelost said:
Nuzzy Nuz said:
Isabella carmody
Nora Roberts
Srephanie Meyer
R.L. Stine

Seeker_2.0 said:

Seeker! hai ^_^
its nice to meet you!

Like I said, I read all his works, even his non-fiction. I read War & Peace twice, the first time it was my first Tolstoy work, though, and I didn't really get into it. So, i read it again after finishing the rest of his novels. It made much more sense and it remains a favorite of mine to this day. :D

Seeker_2.0 said:
Frodothelost said:
Nuzzy Nuz said:
Isabella carmody
Nora Roberts
Srephanie Meyer
R.L. Stine

Seeker_2.0 said:

Seeker! hai ^_^
its nice to meet you!

Like I said, I read all his works, even his non-fiction. I read War & Peace twice, the first time it was my first Tolstoy work, though, and I didn't really get into it. So, i read it again after finishing the rest of his novels. It made much more sense and it remains a favorite of mine to this day. :D

wow! o_O its cool do you still remember those thousand characters of tolstoy?

Frodothelost said:
Seeker_2.0 said:
Frodothelost said:
Nuzzy Nuz said:
Isabella carmody
Nora Roberts
Srephanie Meyer
R.L. Stine

Seeker_2.0 said:

Seeker! hai ^_^
its nice to meet you!

I recognize most when I read about them, but I remember some better than others. Pierre is my favorite character.

Seeker_2.0 said:
Frodothelost said:
Seeker_2.0 said:
Frodothelost said:
Nuzzy Nuz said:
Isabella carmody
Nora Roberts
Srephanie Meyer
R.L. Stine

Seeker_2.0 said:

Seeker! hai ^_^
its nice to meet you!

I recognize most when I read about them, but I remember some better than others. Pierre is my favorite character.

there you are ^_^ like i guessed its cool you still recognize them and can you post the lilttle character sketch of pierre if you can and its ok if you cant i dont mind

No way I can pick just one.

Ursula K Leguin
Robertson Davies
Jane Austen (c'mon, Pride and Prejudice is a MASTERPIECE)
Joyce Carol Oates
Kurt Vonnegut

LonelySutton said:
I hate to admit it but Edith Wharton. I was assigned her by a teacher I hated for a book report. I spent like 5 months researching her and the basis of my research was about her battle with not being wed to someone she loved. I live in the same state she did but have never been to her home. Got to to that this summer.

But then about 2000 I decided to read her book called "house of mirth" and man, what an indictment of how the world treats women who do not want to marry. Her point was made in like 1914 and still in 2014 it is exactly the same.

In the story her character is beautiful and even really likes one guy but she is just not sure she wants to be wed. As she blows it off for years... finally she is an old maid. No one wants to marry her but cruel jerks. She has to struggle to really work and lives a poor life. Because she is working so hard and has no money she can't keep up her looks. Finally she realizes the rest of her life will just be one long struggle and decides to kill herself.

It is the derision that society has for any woman (men too but) rejecting marriage or extroversion or rejecting what society values. Your not allowed to be independent of society... you better buckle down and suffer like the rest of us or else.

Not going to kill myself but, not a lot has changed. Though women can work more now, than in that time, when the economy is bad, not so much.
I agree with you that House of Mirth is a very good book. Most excellent.

If you like fantasy literature, I'd recommend Brandon Sanderson, especially his relatively new novel [/i]The Way of Kings[/i]. I'm actually going to meet him at a book signing next month, and I'm pretty excited!

Aside from that, my favorite writers at the moment are Cormac McCarthy and George R. R. Martin.[/size][/font]

Solivagant said:
I like a lot of authors, but Tolkien is my all-time favorite.

hai there!!
same but he's hero
his vivid imagination!!
and its nice to meet you solivagant ^_^

mountainvista said:
No way I can pick just one.

Ursula K Leguin
Robertson Davies
Jane Austen (c'mon, Pride and Prejudice is a MASTERPIECE)
Joyce Carol Oates
Kurt Vonnegut

yay! hai! pride and prejudice is good story !
have you read hemlet? sorry if i spelled it wrong
and thanks for the reply its nice to meet you mountainvista .

Latest posts

Back