People lie in love? how to believe he/she loves true?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Frodothelost

post something about love thing. how to believe if love is true or not how to know if one of the party is playing in background of this relationship? i need some fact about love. thats it

You post as if love is one thing. I think people have many different interpretations of love.

SophiaGrace said:
You post as if love is one thing. I think people have many different interpretations of love.
I agree with you. Love is different for everyone of us. I believe love isn't something you can define as a thing.

Frodothelost said:
jd7 said:
You can never know.

but i can “believe” at least that the love is going true? and can i believe in he/she?

That's the risk. When we are young and inexperienced, we trust easily and love without reservation. When we are older and more inexperienced, we know of all the failings of others. We've been hurt in a million ways - lied to, stolen from, used and abused, and left for dead. Innocence is lost. And it cannot be regained.

The question you ask, essentially, is: "How can I believe?" Faith. Faith is knowing that something doesn't make sense, knowing it's against all odds, knowing you've foolishly opened yourself up to danger...and still going for it. It helps to love people for who they are, not for who we want them to be.

It takes a risk-reward analysis. On one hand, if you take the risk, you might get burned. On the other hand, if you don't, you'll be alone forever. Hmm...?

jd7 said:
Frodothelost said:
jd7 said:
You can never know.

but i can “believe” at least that the love is going true? and can i believe in he/she?

That's the risk. When we are young and inexperienced, we trust easily and love without reservation. When we are older and more inexperienced, we know of all the failings of others. We've been hurt in a million ways - lied to, stolen from, used and abused, and left for dead. Innocence is lost. And it cannot be regained.

The question you ask, essentially, is: "How can I believe?" Faith. Faith is knowing that something doesn't make sense, knowing it's against all odds, knowing you've foolishly opened yourself up to danger...and still going for it. It helps to love people for who they are, not for who we want them to be.

It takes a risk-reward analysis. On one hand, if you take the risk, you might get burned. On the other hand, if you don't, you'll be alone forever. Hmm...?

+1 ~_~

People do lie in love.. give em chance.. they might realize they were wrong when u see ow much you trusted them to believe their lies even when u already knew what the truth is.. so i guess they gonna change.. I do that a lot to ppl.. pretending that everything they said was truth but when i know in the hear they were lying.. I just gve em chance to apologize or confess.. I have seen many people who changed coz i kept believing that they would change..but remeber some people never change... i guess that is called Pride... *shrugs*

You can feel loved, I guess that's a sign. If someone loves you trully, you can feel it.
But you can never know if they actually love you etc. As said, love is different for people, signs of love for one person may have completely the opossite meaning to another. There is no "guide" to see if it's true, or if you're being lied to, other than risking your self and feelings.

You either trust a person and enjoy their love with chances of being lied to and in the end betrayed or hurt, or you avoid it and risk missing out on something great.
Love is like gambling, with minimum buy-in being you

Frodothelost said:
jd7 said:
You can never know.

You can believe it all you want, but it may not be true. Or it may be true for awhile, until they have a change of feelings.

Some people have the ability to make you think they are in love with you, when in reality all they want is validation and someone to need them, without having to open up emotionally and give back in return. It's been a painful lesson learned by yours truly via lies and manipulation by my ex. It's one thing to profess "i Love You". I don't listen or buy into that anymore. It is how love is shown via actions that counts - not the words.

The only definite way to believe that someone loves you is during a really hard incident or period in your life. If they truly love you, they won't leave you...

^^ This.

When some "drama" enters your life, they buckle down and ask what they can do to help, instead of pretending to be an ostrich and stick their head in the sand. :p

EveWasFramed said:
^^ This.

When some "drama" enters your life, they buckle down and ask what they can do to help, instead of pretending to be an ostrich and stick their head in the sand. :p

Lol, i really liked the ostrich metaphor. Of course, you can always make them love you...the club always comes in handy :club: :D

Seeker_2.0 said:
The only definite way to believe that someone loves you is during a really hard incident or period in your life. If they truly love you, they won't leave you...

^_^ agree with you seeker :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::):):)

Latest posts

Back