2014 Nostalgia/Melancholy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erevetot

Reaction score
posting this here as it's a result and an amplifier of my depression

Happy new year everyone, hope 2k15 brings you joy and hapiness, and whatever you wish for!!

But this is a sad thread. I was watching a game stream on twitch, and the broadcaster started remembering his best moments of 2014 and I did the same. Considering I spent the year swap alone, and Im heavily drunk, im busy being nostalgic/sad of 2014. Noone messaged me, noone called, not even the people I call best friends. Not even my ex, but she made sure she texts everyone else and make them let me know she's out partying. The only wishes I got were from 3 people from this community, and I really appreciate it. It means a lot, thank you <3

This is a "be nostalgic, share, vent off, whatever" thread.

so,everyone i know is spending new years with someone, having fun, partying etc, and im just sitting home, drunk, almost crying. i hate it. Im remembering all my "best moments" of 2014. having fun with my friend, his gf and her sister, performing on a "kinda big" concert, getting a job and then losing it, falling deeper in the hole I call depression, finding the woman of my life, losing her and realizing she was a lie, meeting some awesome people in these forums...

It was a honeysuckle year, but I'll miss it. I'm 1 year closer to the end of my life, and instead of making it fun Im wasting it on feeling like crap. its days like these that everyone else is happy, is out partying celebrating,having fun, and im just here, rotting, miserable, unable to change it. i hate that time of the year

anyone else having this feeling? feeling nostalgic of the year that left? anyone else feeling like honeysuckle instead of entering 2k15 with a positive smile?

hey, I am there too, let's make a pity party with trumpets and great music

Peaches said:
hey, I am there too, let's make a pity party with trumpets and great music

having this on repeat for about an hour now, my taste of "great music". im down for a party, still got alcohol left, and an empty house, just need food

it sucks being "here"

not exactly my kind of music, but not against it either ;) used to listen to it in actual 1998 :)

anyway, it's nice just to be in the company of people who understand you

do you play something? it's more fun to make music than to listen to it

or a board game? right now I have this one in the house http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113924/zombicide

my idea of party?

role playing games, hide&seek and other silly activities, board games too, watching funny zombies movies, if the music is marvelous and the vibe is right even just dancing the night away
making cakes together? caricatures, reading aloud together
also talking politics, or spiritual things, or the meaning of life - writing stuff together - going around in the city making pranks or making videos

I think I am just weird… :D

what is your idea of a great party?

Peaches-I love your idea of a party. Hide and seek sounds great-haven't played it since I was a child and would love to do it again. Board games and making cakes would be great as well. And can climbing a tree be involved too? Or dancing on top of a car like the kids from Fame?

*waves hand& I don't know why but am feeling alot moody... Normally am the first person who gets excited when a new year comes by but this time am the least happiest and i got no idea y... :( it feels weird.. I didn't even wish Happy New Year for alotta people...

Tiina63 said:
Peaches-I love your idea of a party. Hide and seek sounds great-haven't played it since I was a child and would love to do it again. Board games and making cakes would be great as well. And can climbing a tree be involved too? Or dancing on top of a car like the kids from Fame?

Let's do all of that and more. :0

day 2 of the new year, and I still got that feeling, but its slowly fading away. how is everyone else feeling?

I never get hyped for new year, specially this year. Day 2 is little energetic for me there are few things I have to do but hey, I don't want to miss the party you guys are having, It's been a while since I have one, Anything special should I bring for Party ?

I spent all of 2014 trying to figure out what to do with my life, feeling like I can't do anything, regretting not spending my youth better than I did and feeling like I wasted the happiest days of my life already with those I care about, being sad that they are old now, being sad that I am old now, wishing I could be someone else that is more interesting, and hoping, wishing, and waiting the girls I like break up with the cocky, "rebel" toolboxes they are with. I waited in vain, it seems.

And while I was busy feeling hopeless, I did not get in shape, barely played any guitar, barely drew, and did not at all work on my story. I don't think I came up with so much as one idea for it in all of 2014. I barely even hung out with friends, partially because I had no money but partially because I just wasn't in much of a mood. If I had, I'd have only wanted to drink anyway. I can't afford for 2015 to be a repeat of 2014, but eh, sometimes it seems hard to change direction when I don't know if it will make a difference. All i know is that I don't want to waste any more time being sad around certain family members, because I don't want them to have only known me as down and out. But the issues that make me down are still not resolved. I guess I'll just have to compartmentalize my feelings.

Latest posts

Back