What's one mistake you've apologized or repented for?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jjam

*inspired by EveWasFramed and Naleena*
:D

I'll never forget when I was a kid (I'm not even sure if I was a teen at this point) how I smacked this girl on her butt, and she returned the smack... to my back. My friends, who dared me to do it, thought it was pretty funny, and I guess it was. But I felt bad about it. I knew it was a disrespectful thing to do. SO, out of my own will (no suggestions from anyone), I pulled this girl aside later on in the day and gave her an apology, face to face. I felt really really good about that, and I think she did too. We were cool again.

My one mistake is not going to a University further away from home...I apologise to myself everyday for it...which is weird because my career is wonderful...it just restricted me as I grew up in the most formative years of my adult development...my counsellor is now trying to sort that out for me lol.

If I had to give anyone any advice...always make the tough decisions and choose the tough responses.

I think my biggest mistake was 2001-2003... Pretty much the whole thing. I had to apologize to a lot of people: Mom, Dad, Siblings, Friends, Kitty-Cat, Professors, Classmates... All of'em...

jjam said:

I'll never forget when I was a kid (I'm not even sure if I was a teen at this point) how I smacked this girl on her butt, and she returned the smack... to my back. My friends, who dared me to do it, thought it was pretty funny, and I guess it was. But I felt bad about it. I knew it was a disrespectful thing to do. SO, out of my own will (no suggestions from anyone), I pulled this girl aside later on in the day and gave her an apology, face to face. I felt really really good about that, and I think she did too. We were cool again.

Did I actually inspire something? Thanks, JJam, that made my day :)

Well, I try to appologize anytime I am wrong. The one thing that I have often regretted is that someone I loved commited suicide and I wasn't in contact at the time with him. Before he killed himself, I felt that I needed to get in touch with him to the point that it was nagging me. I kept thinking of him. I couldn't get him off my mind.
I had a very strong feeling and it had been a year since we talked.
I didn't act on that and he took his life.
As weird as this may sound, I believe that the people we love are always with us. I have said to him so many times," I am so sorry I wasn't there for you. I love you so much." It makes me cry just to write this out. Sometimes you have to let honeysuckle go, like your pride. I am still not over this.
I will always wonder if I could have done something to help him.

jjam said:

lol, I don't know that I've ever inspired anyone to do anything other than to try to kick my ass. :D Pray tell, Jjam, what is it that Naleena and I did/said to inspire you?:p
Oh, and you sooooo did the right thing by apologizing! If I was the girl, I'd have been surprised, and secretly delighted that you'd acted mature enough to say you were sorry. Major points dude!

Naleena said:
jjam said:

Did I actually inspire something? Thanks, JJam, that made my day :)

Well, I try to appologize anytime I am wrong. The one thing that I have often regretted is that someone I loved commited suicide and I wasn't in contact at the time with him. Before he killed himself, I felt that I needed to get in touch with him to the point that it was nagging me. I kept thinking of him. I couldn't get him off my mind.
I had a very strong feeling and it had been a year since we talked.
I didn't act on that and he took his life.
As weird as this may sound, I believe that the people we love are always with us. I have said to him so many times," I am so sorry I wasn't there for you. I love you so much." It makes me cry just to write this out. Sometimes you have to let honeysuckle go, like your pride. I am still not over this.
I will always wonder if I could have done something to help him.

Naleena - "what if's" are self-destructive. Nothig you can do will change what happened and I urge you to come to terms with it. We ALL have things that we regret and wish we could do over. It may or may not have changed anything. YOU can't be held responisible for something someone else does. You are an awesome person! You have a bigger heart than anyone I've ever known. You are kind and decent. And if people didn't have at least a little bit of pride, then people could walk all over them. Grieve for the loss of your friend, but not because you feel you could have done something.

((((Naleena)))))

my biggest mistake was the last 5 years trying to save something i cursed long before
and no apology needed. i heard this quote and its a part of my system now
"never live in regret, because at one time thats exactly what you wanted"
ooOOOOOoooo speawing wisdom. hehhehehehe

Latest posts

Back