uk meetup?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benj

Reaction score
Hola everyone.
Ive met one or 2 ppl from here before just wondering if anyone fancies a UK group meetup. We could do it near to where the most ppl are or plan to meet and go somewhere nice?
These things hardly ever seem to take off which seems a shame cos we're all lonely and I'm guessing sensitive to other lonely or anxious ppl so even if some ppl don't 100% get on am sure it should be a positive experience. :)
We could go bowling or go to a theme park or the eden project or something? :) how cool would that be? c'mon please... :)

benj said:
Hola everyone.
Ive met one or 2 ppl from here before just wondering if anyone fancies a UK group meetup. We could do it near to where the most ppl are or plan to meet and go somewhere nice?
These things hardly ever seem to take off which seems a shame cos we're all lonely and I'm guessing sensitive to other lonely or anxious ppl so even if some ppl don't 100% get on am sure it should be a positive experience. :)
We could go bowling or go to a theme park or the eden project or something? :) how cool would that be? c'mon please... :)

The theme park isn't a bad idea.
Years ago (Im in the US) a group of us who utilized an 80s music chat room all met near Sandusky to go to Cedar Point (theme park).
I rented a cabin for a couple of days, due to the distance. We had people from all over the place to come...Australia, Canada, all over the US. It was a wonderful time and I'll never forget it.
If you can get people to join in, I'd definitely recommend it. :)

Hmmm that's an idea... whereabouts are you? Where were you thinking? I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne, up north ha ha!

EveWasFramed said:
benj said:
Hola everyone.

The theme park isn't a bad idea.
Years ago (Im in the US) a group of us who utilized an 80s music chat room all met near Sandusky to go to Cedar Point (theme park).

Did you meet any hairy, club-loving people? :p

I won't say that I'd definitely take part in this, because I'm slightly inebriated, but I've met people from forums/games before and it's always been a good experience... well... until I married one. Still not a bad experience for a few years.

EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:
Did you meet any hairy, club-loving people? :p

lol, no, that was another place and time (same chat room though). There was only myself and Rachel. :p

Aww... and I thought I was being clever. Out of interest, just how many meet ups did you go to and did they all work out ok?

im up north in halifax - theme park sounds like a cool idea :)

I'd be up for this - I'm near Birmingham so Drayton Manor or Alton Towers are pretty local. I'm not great with theme park rides though so I'll be the bag and coat holder :)

h3donist said:
I'd be up for this - I'm near Birmingham so Drayton Manor or Alton Towers are pretty local. I'm not great with theme park rides though so I'll be the bag and coat holder :)

I have never been to Alton Towers.... I am not a fan of rollercoasters or any such thing, so I will hold coats with you :D

Scootch said:
h3donist said:

I have never been to Alton Towers.... I am not a fan of rollercoasters or any such thing, so I will hold coats with you :D

Sounds good to me :)

Although that's a good point - most time spent in Theme Parks is standing in big queues so it's not really great for meeting people unless they want to go on the same ride as you. Plus they are very expensive to get into, especially if you don't go on many rides. With travel and accommodation for people too it might not be the best idea...

I guess the main obstacle to a meetup is the distance people would have to travel, so I guess we'd need a list of locations where everyone is then choose the most central location for everybody.

Oh wait - what about picking a random park somewhere, like an actual park with grass and a pond and trees and ducks, and just having one big picnic?

That doesn't cost very much if everyone brings something edible, and theres no entrance fees :D

Scootch said:
I think it's really exciting :D I really hope we can find a way to do it so a few people can attend.

h3donist said:
Scootch said:
h3donist said:

Sounds good to me :)

Although that's a good point - most time spent in Theme Parks is standing in big queues so it's not really great for meeting people unless they want to go on the same ride as you. Plus they are very expensive to get into, especially if you don't go on many rides. With travel and accommodation for people too it might not be the best idea...

I guess the main obstacle to a meetup is the distance people would have to travel, so I guess we'd need a list of locations where everyone is then choose the most central location for everybody.

Scootch said:
Oh wait - what about picking a random park somewhere, like an actual park with grass and a pond and trees and ducks, and just having one big picnic?

That doesn't cost very much if everyone brings something edible, and theres no entrance fees :D

Sounds like a lovely idea :) We'll all have to wear special badges with our names on so that we know who we all are!

So once we have a list of people's locations I could work out a central point so that nobody has to travel a lot further than everyone else then choose a place based on that maybe?

Using http://www.geomidpoint.com/meet/ I have entered people's rough locations (obviously Wales and Essex are big places so just entering Wales isn't very accurate) and it's returning places in the north Midlands, such as Derby and Chesterfield as the midpoint. So maybe we could go somewhere around there, perhaps Sherwood Forest? Dressing as Robin Hood optional...

h3donist said:
Using http://www.geomidpoint.com/meet/ I have entered people's rough locations (obviously Wales and Essex are big places so just entering Wales isn't very accurate) and it's returning places in the north Midlands, such as Derby and Chesterfield as the midpoint. So maybe we could go somewhere around there, perhaps Sherwood Forest? Dressing as Robin Hood optional...

I know Derby, my brother lives there.

Latest posts

Back