eHarmony says I am incompatible... with EVERYONE!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakin_Amazin

Reaction score
I tried eHarmony. LOL check this out.

I think only I could openly laugh about this.

Attachments

• Cannot Match.JPG
    Cannot Match.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 94
Looks like they expect 20% to be that way. Unfortunately you seem to fall into that group. :(

I tried a dating site once...and I uploaded a photo etc...and got no hits whatsoever in a month...and people tell me I am kind and good looking.

I wouldn't worry...just cause you don't fit in one place doesn't mean you wont in another...and anyway it is their loss not yours.

lol Freakin_Amazin, that kinder stuff happens to me as well. just as davechaos said its there loss.

Try other sights. Am sure that sight is just not to good anyway.

Freakin_Amazin said:

Hehe, I tried that site a while ago and I got the same results

Really sucks after you've filled in all those forms to find out that it doesn't work for you.

Screw them! Like Bluey said, try some other sites. You'll probably have better luck there ^^

Freakin_Amazin said:

I tried Eharmony. I am proud to say I had lots of matches. The fact that most of them were 55 and older is totally irrelavant....lol

So what the hell does that say about me? I don't wanna know!

It was kindof odd that I would try it given the sheer amount of women that go to my university, but I did anyways, just to see if any of those commercials had any truth to them. I went in there and they give you these questionnares which took me like 15 straight minutes to complete. Then that page came up, and I was like, you gotta be s#!^ing me.

lol actually this happens to a lot of people, once my entire dorm hall joined just to see what would happen, total of 10 girls, and even 5 or 6 of our male neighbors...none of us got anything. Don't take it personal

Naleena said:
Freakin_Amazin said:

I tried Eharmony. I am proud to say I had lots of matches. The fact that most of them were 55 and older is totally irrelavant....lol

I was going to make a smartass comment here, but I purposely controlled myself for a couple of reasons:

1. I've had a similar thing happen to me.

2. Your sister will probably have a good remark anyway.

For those of you that didn't get "accepted", I think part of it may be your age. Keep in mind that most of the people who use eharmony are not as young as some of you are; most university-aged kids are out ******* some drunk slut from the frat party, not trying to find true love on the internet. Because that is the case, the match pool eharmony can place you becomes much smaller, given the fact that there are less possible matches because there simply aren't enough people close to your age.

The key to making any dating site work for you is advertising. I won't fill up the thread with the details, but remember that there are thousands of people's profiles on any site, and that the only way to make someone stop on your page for more than two seconds is to differeniate yourself in some way.

Haha perhaps I should pen a thread concerning this subject? Online Dating Tips! (*rolls eyes*)

zraskolnikov said:
Naleena said:
Freakin_Amazin said:

I was going to make a smartass comment here, but I purposely controlled myself for a couple of reasons:

For those of you that didn't get "accepted", I think part of it may be your age. Keep in mind that most of the people who use eharmony are not as young as some of you are; most university-aged kids are out ******* some drunk slut from the frat party, not trying to find true love on the internet. Because that is the case, the match pool eharmony can place you becomes much smaller, given the fact that there are less possible matches because there simply aren't enough people close to your age.

The key to making any dating site work for you is advertising. I won't fill up the thread with the details, but remember that there are thousands of people's profiles on any site, and that the only way to make someone stop on your page for more than two seconds is to differeniate yourself in some way.

Haha perhaps I should pen a thread concerning this subject? Online Dating Tips! (*rolls eyes*)

LOL! Oh joy! Where to begin! :D

"1. I've had a similar thing happen to me. "
:shy:Did it really match you up with men that were age 55 or older??:P

"2. Your sister will probably have a good remark anyway."
Yeah, I have several good remarks, but none of them directed toward Naleena. hehe

"most university-aged kids are out ******* some drunk slut from the frat party"
lol, I never messed any drunk frat sluts in college. What's it like, Z?? :D

Z, are you a voracious masochist?? lol, do really like all the verbal pain I inflict upon you? :p It's like you are just ASKING for it dude! Or...maybe you just like the fact that I'm "a woman willing to break what are considered social norms" and are therefore merely providing yourself as a target for my witty rancor on purpose.:p
ROFL!!!! Be careful what you ask for? lmao I'm laughing so hard at your expense right now! Thank you! :p

Hey all kidding aside though, Z-man gives some great advice! I've never tried a dating site before but what he says makes perfect sense. He's also right about making your profile stand out. I can't speak for any other woman, but men who are out of the ordinary have always caught my eye. Make your profile (and youself!) stand out.
Good luck! (((hugs)))

zraskolnikov said:
Keep in mind that most of the people who use eharmony are not as young as some of you are; most university-aged kids are out ******* some drunk slut from the frat party, not trying to find true love on the internet.

I wish :(

Eharmony really isn't that great of a site to begin with... I was big on internet dating a couple years ago (what an interesting experience)... More people found me/replied to me on Match.com and Okcupid... There's this one site called TRUE or something like that, don't bother with that one... Every so often they send out emails to people they think would be matches for you, and they can accept or reject you based on those automated emails... So I was getting tons of rejection letters from people who's profiles I'd never even seen before! Also, if you are interested, there are tons of perfectly messed up people on gothicmatch.com... That site was my favorite! (vampirefreaks.com comes in a close second, lol)

Freakin_Amazin said:
I went in there and they give you these questionnares which took me like 15 straight minutes to complete. Then that page came up, and I was like, you gotta be s#!^ing me.

That would be a pain in the to spend that much time for it basically to boot you out.

I have tried many online dating sites. I can say one thing, stay the **** out of online dating sites.
Online dating sites have:
-shy women
-crazy, disturbed women, in a stalking way, victimising victims
-shy men
-really disguisting, manipulative, disturbed men, predators (married men, men who are cheating)

Since the shy ones never get the courage to communicate with you, 100% you'll end up communicating with the jerks.
They bait their prey in every possible way. They put a profile that says "I am honest, loving, want a serious relationship". After you meet up with them for some time, they'll ignore you, block you on IM, tell you lies or try to manipulate you by telling you nasty things.
On top that many PUA-pick up artists, female or male use dating sites to test their strategies. So in the midst of looking for someone genuine, it's highly likely that you will bump into one of those manipulative ***holes.
I suggest you go out and look for someone offline.

ClosetGeek said:
I have tried many online dating sites. I can say one thing, stay the **** out of online dating sites.
Online dating sites have:
-shy women
-crazy, disturbed women, in a stalking way, victimising victims
-shy men
-really disguisting, manipulative, disturbed men, predators (married men, men who are cheating)

Since the shy ones never get the courage to communicate with you, 100% you'll end up communicating with the jerks.
They bait their prey in every possible way. They put a profile that says "I am honest, loving, want a serious relationship". After you meet up with them for some time, they'll ignore you, block you on IM, tell you lies or try to manipulate you by telling you nasty things.
On top that many PUA-pick up artists, female or male use dating sites to test their strategies. So in the midst of looking for someone genuine, it's highly likely that you will bump into one of those manipulative ***holes.
I suggest you go out and look for someone offline.

It's not that easy. How do just go up to someone and say hi? I don't know how to do it or what to say. Sometimes I wish I was a pickup artist because it seems to be so easy for them. They can choose whoever they want. The few conversations I have with women seem to be either started by them or sort of me falling into the conversation because we were doing something similar at the time (like at the gym for example). I just don't get most human interaction.

Freakin_Amazin said:
If I could study human interaction the way I study engineering, I'm sure I could "get it". But where do I find that?

Psychiatry, and body language is all kinder the same thing. Psychiatry is what you would have to study there I think. And even then I don't think there is anyway that you would truly understand another person. Stick with the engine's, you know where you stand there :)

zraskolnikov said:

Awww Panda, You know I love it when you throw those smartass comments my way...lol C'mon baby, hit me with your best shot....lol

Latest posts

Back