Asked someone out!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frostburn

Reaction score
So I was at this cruise trip that was organized by my field's student association thingie. I met this woman who was quite an looker and most importantly she seemed very emphatetic towards other people. Kind hearted type of person, which I find very attractive quality. She mentioned in conversation that she is single. I spent some time together with her and other cool people and I felt myself growing fonder of her. By the time cruise was ending I had to admit myself I had developed a minor crush for her.

So after I returned home I added her to facebook the next day. Then waited another day to gather courage to ask her out. Now, this is big deal for me because the last time I had courage to ask someone out was 10 years ago and I was only 14 back then. Anyway, I wrote basicly saying that: "I'm sorry if this is all of a sudden, but I think you are pretty and seemed to be very nice person overall. I think I might have developed an minor crush for you. Would you like to meet someday?" It sounds bit less fluent in english but you get the idea. She saw the message quite soon, but she marked it as unread quickly and wanted me to think she hadn't seen it. The next day she replied to me basicly saying that it was nice to meet you but she isn't into dating right now because she is already kinda seeing someone and wished all the best for me.

Though it of course sucked that she rejected me I feel fine about it. Infact I feel great about it. I managed to ask an attractive girl out despite all my insecure feelings and low self-esteem. It also feels great to know that I probably made her day by sending her that message. It feels now that I will have less tough time asking an girl out if I'm attracted to her. Afterall the worst thing that can happen is that she says no. I have confidence now that I won't be considered an creep or something unpleasant if I approach a woman like that. Overall I've walked the entire day with a stupid smile on my face after her reply. Never thought I'd feel this good about being rejected.

Congrats? Feel kind of weird saying that but good for you for taking the chance.

Frostburn said:
So I was at this cruise trip that was organized by my field's student association thingie. I met this woman who was quite an looker and most importantly she seemed very emphatetic towards other people. Kind hearted type of person, which I find very attractive quality. She mentioned in conversation that she is single. I spent some time together with her and other cool people and I felt myself growing fonder of her. By the time cruise was ending I had to admit myself I had developed a minor crush for her.

So after I returned home I added her to facebook the next day. Then waited another day to gather courage to ask her out. Now, this is big deal for me because the last time I had courage to ask someone out was 10 years ago and I was only 14 back then. Anyway, I wrote basicly saying that: "I'm sorry if this is all of a sudden, but I think you are pretty and seemed to be very nice person overall. I think I might have developed an minor crush for you. Would you like to meet someday?" It sounds bit less fluent in english but you get the idea. She saw the message quite soon, but she marked it as unread quickly and wanted me to think she hadn't seen it. The next day she replied to me basicly saying that it was nice to meet you but she isn't into dating right now because she is already kinda seeing someone and wished all the best for me.

Though it of course sucked that she rejected me I feel fine about it. Infact I feel great about it. I managed to ask an attractive girl out despite all my insecure feelings and low self-esteem. It also feels great to know that I probably made her day by sending her that message. It feels now that I will have less tough time asking an girl out if I'm attracted to her. Afterall the worst thing that can happen is that she says no. I have confidence now that I won't be considered an creep or something unpleasant if I approach a woman like that. Overall I've walked the entire day with a stupid smile on my face after her reply. Never thought I'd feel this good about being rejected.

Great job, Frost! :)

And just FYI: She obviously didn't think poorly of you or think you were a creeper or anything, or it's doubtful she would have even replied (in my opinion).

I'm glad that you accepted it and saw it as a positive, rather than a negative.

You feel this good about being rejected because you accomplished something by asking her out. I'm proud of you. Keep believing in yourself. :)

yeah well done. Maybe change your message next time ? Don't mention having a crush, keep it casual.
I hope your crush on her has gone too !

Yes i can relate to this also.. Usually girls respond neutral or positive if you act right on them

Latest posts

Back