Both Greetings AND Salutations!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hammers to the iron, ha ha! I don't have to know exactly what to call what's going on in my brain. I'll just keep pounding away at the bloody thing until it works! Axes to the wood!

What better way to stop overthinking things than to stop overthinking things? Got a problem with getting excited about half-baked ideas all the time and running your mouth about them? Stop caring about your stupid, half-baked ideas and get to work. That's plan, i dunno, Q or something. That ought to do just fine, I figure.

It would be nice if solutions that seem obvious in retrospect were actually obvious. Life would be a lot easier if that were the case.

Now I just need to remember not to become cocky and complacent because I think "I've figured everything out now." I've thought that lots of times before, and it has never been the case. I will think it lots of times again. I could not have just solved all of my major life problems in a random forum thread. It would be silly to assume that I have done so. I know better now than to be too trusting in my own ideas. If I am to struggle successfully against my own brain, I must always remember that I am an intelligent opponent. I must remain diligent and prepared to prevent whatever other troubles I might want to cause for myself in the future.

It does make sense for me to use adversarial terms ("struggle with", "opponent") for strategic reasons to think of my future self as being a different person than myself, by the way. Mostly because my future self will, in fact, be a different person than myself. Once I finally get my honeysuckle together, I can maybe relax and start thinking of my future self as an ally instead.

Perhaps it is time for me to stop struggling with myself and start struggling for myself. That is a better way. Self-hatred is not the answer. I am not my own enemy. Future me is going to be struggling just as hard to make things right as I am. Trust, perhaps, is more warranted than suspicion here. I can earn my own trust. That is a thing I can do. Fighting against myself makes about as much sense as a dog trying to eat its own tail. Either way, you just spend a lot of effort going nowhere, and you never achieve your objective. If I fight myself and win, I lose, and if I fight myself and lose, I lose. Fighting myself will always be a losing battle. It is better, perhaps, just to decide to get along, as it were.

...That's plan R. I told you all I didn't really have it figured out yet, lol. That was, what, a couple of minutes from "I've figured everything out!" to "dammit, I'm thinking about the entire problem wrong again!" That must be a new personal best. Or worst. I'm not really sure what to think anymore, honestly. And that's OK. I'll figure it out later. Let's see how long it takes me to come up with plan S! I'm sure it'll be a doozy. My plans usually are.

I thrive on solving problems. Good thing I keep causing problems for myself that I have to fix. I might just get bored otherwise. Time to stop worrying and have some fun. I haven't done the whole "having fun" thing in a while. I've been too busy plotting war and making stratagems against my tail.

You just gotta love missing the forest for the trees. Especially when you're looking in the wrong ******* forest, and you're actually looking at rocks.

Lol. Day 2 of "Plan alonelylife/Plan 'figure out how to keep my mouth shut by asking introverts how they do it'" - New Plan: Abandon plan, leave the introverts alone, stop making ******* plans all the time, dumbass, and keep your ******* mouth shut.

Da Da Da Daaaaa! Achievement Unlocked: Most bloody ironic stupidity by a single person in a single forum thread! *applause*

*bows*

I have fixed my major problems. I fixed them a long time ago. I keep using them as excuses and worrying about my old problems instead of paying attention to my current affairs. That is all.

...and you want to know what the real frustrating thing is? I had this same exact revelation not even a month ago. I talked with my friends and family with it. They not only agreed with me, but had been trying to tell me about it this whole time. And I got all caught up in my problems again, like clockwork, and I forgot all about it.

Hi Frank! We're neighbors! I am in Seattle. I have often dreamed of the sort of life you describe, simplified and free of material concerns. Do you have a specific area in mind?

Thank the Gods, normal bloody conversation! I can talk myself into a great fervor over nothing given enough time and lack of interruptions. I am a goddamned bloody ninja master at worrying over nothing. I lost three jobs, two careers, and several friendships over 5 years through worrying over nothing. Which is a real problem, yet not actually a real problem, somehow. I solved it, or solved it by deciding not to solve it, or didn't solve anything, or something, just now. Some Zen honeysuckle like that. The same exact way I did or maybe didn't do before, then forgot about. I can't be concerned about the details. Because that would cause the problem again. It's a maddening bloody problem that may or may not exist, that I don't understand at all, and also understand perfectly, by not understanding a damned thing about it, which also solves the problem, as it happens. No wonder nothing ever seems to make sense to me these days.

West side, generally. Sequim area, maybe. No pallet repair job for me for now, though I'll do that as my last option before going back to working at McDonald's again. I liked working at McDonald's, actually, but I need to try to make more money if I can.

I am a programmer. It is somewhat embarrassing that I got myself caught in a basic infinite regression with increasing computational complexity with time and didn't recognize it. The solution to infinite regressions is to halt the program. We learned about this in class. It is a textbook problem, literally right out of my CS lectures, not a complicated psychological complex.

I have had enough of this thread. As Jean-Luc Picard might say:

I got myself caught in a do-loop. Most people exit those through normal apathy just fine with no problems, but no, not me. I had to go get myself stuck in a do-loop and then go ride it out for all it was worth for years through my pig-headed stubbornness.

Ah, I keep coming back to this. I don't have an anxiety problem. I have a stubbornness problem. What better way to beat the stubbornness out of me than through a few years of hard labor? I'm pretty sure the guys at the pallet shop will probably knock this failed knowledge worker down a peg or three. Well, best get to it, then. Those mistakes aren't going to make themselves. I've got some hard life lessons to learn, and I'm not learning them sitting here.

Latest posts

Back