What shocked you today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenia

Reaction score
I was thinking about this earlier. In this generation now with our wide access to information, is anyone becoming desensitized (sp)? What shocks one person might not shock another.

But I also want to make it light hearted to, so what shocked you today?

Me: My electricity and gas bill!!

an article about my home country, suggesting that the government could take overnight 6 to 10% of everyone's (also the poor) savings from the banks, like they did in 1992

Listening to a politician implying that inquiries into historical child sex abuse allegations were a waste of public money.
FUMING !!!

met a really cute guy online who seems to possess a reasoning brain - too young though, I am afraid…

Maybe more disappointed than shocked but seeing that phase two of Network Rationalization is appearing that it will add yet another day to the already extended time.

I was watching a TV programme and I saw this young lad who had burgled a home with his four friends. The homeowner shot one of them dead and because he died during the commission of a felony, the remaining four boys were charged with his murder. They received 55 years in prison...

I did some stupid things when I was a teenager, but I was given a chance to straighten myself out. I understand why these laws were made, but I can't help but think that keeping these lads in prison for at LEAST 27.5 years each is counter-productive.

Cavey said:
I was watching a TV programme and I saw this young lad who had burgled a home with his four friends. The homeowner shot one of them dead and because he died during the commission of a felony, the remaining four boys were charged with his murder. They received 55 years in prison...

I did some stupid things when I was a teenager, but I was given a chance to straighten myself out. I understand why these laws were made, but I can't help but think that keeping these lads in prison for at LEAST 27.5 years each is counter-productive.

I think I'd have to agree with that.

My shock list is really short, nothing really shocks me, all is expected. Beside this thread...
I'm without movies for 8 weeks now that is shocking.

That I have completely missed a whole news story about these mercaneries. Where was I?

PenDragon said:
My shock list is really short, nothing really shocks me, all is expected.

lucky you, almost everything traumatizes me to the core ;)

Hearing someone say they would rather face 6 months in jail, than live up to their responsibilities.

Latest posts

Back