Once a day: What are you thankful for?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thankful for those moments in life - however brief they sometimes may be - where you feel really really good. Like when I'm listening to music and the perfect song comes on that makes me feel like I'm living in a dreamy, romantic reality. Or when I'm biting into some Taco Bell, with a side of Dr. Pepper. Ahhh :D

Today, I am very grateful for my family being alive and healthy. The second storey of our immediate neighbour's house (that we share a wall with) caught on fire 3 hours ago. They all managed to get out and nobody was severely hurt, thank God. The fire department put the blaze out within half an hour. But I dread to think what might have happened had it been a few hours later and most people had gone to bed. Our house still smells of smoke.

The gift of life. The opportunity to wake up to a new day with new blessings.

Aisha said:
Today, I am very grateful for my family being alive and healthy. The second storey of our immediate neighbour's house (that we share a wall with) caught on fire 3 hours ago. They all managed to get out and nobody was severely hurt, thank God. The fire department put the blaze out within half an hour. But I dread to think what might have happened had it been a few hours later and most people had gone to bed. Our house still smells of smoke.

God's grace. Could've been worse, good to hear they're safe.

Aisha said:

Glad to read that no one got hurt, phew. Things like that do jolt you up a good amount of gratefulness sometimes.

mslonely said:
God's grace. Could've been worse, good to hear they're safe.

ladyforsaken said:
Glad to read that no one got hurt, phew. Things like that do jolt you up a good amount of gratefulness sometimes.

Indeed it does, LadyF. And it definitely could have been worse mslonely, we were all out on the street when one of the neighbours came running out with a child who was unconscious, presumably from smoke inhalation. :/ Still not sure as to what caused the fire in the first place. Very glad for the quick arrival and action of the fire and rescue services.

Latest posts

Back