PayPal account info and or help request

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

johnny196775Again

I need to get or set up a paypal account and i was wondering if anyone here has set up a pay pal account and what that entails. And if any of you had can we have pms discussing paypal?

Thank you.

And have a great day. :)

i put this in general chat and i hope it is in the right area.

PayPal asks that you confirm your address and bank account information. Prepaid cards can also be linked to the PayPal account, but I don't think they require any confirmation. Also, they ask for a tax number or social security numbers for a few things. I've never done anything on there that required my SSN or taxes, so I couldn't tell you about that. Perhaps someone else here has though.

add PAN and valid bank account then call them for live support and tell them to activate your paypal email.

Last time I used paypal and had my account confirmed with my bank account, which they require you to do now or they will limit your account, I had mine hacked and all my money stolen. Paypal would do NOTHING to help, they said my bank had to reverse the charges and give me my money back because they were the ones who processed the charges. Yet it was my Paypal that was hacked not my bank account and my paypal account was used to funnel the money out through them. They wouldn't take responsibility for it at all. Their customer service sucks. If you use paypal be warned.

Sci-Fi said:
Last time I used paypal and had my account confirmed with my bank account, which they require you to do now or they will limit your account, I had mine hacked and all my money stolen. Paypal would do NOTHING to help, they said my bank had to reverse the charges and give me my money back because they were the ones who processed the charges. Yet it was my Paypal that was hacked not my bank account and my paypal account was used to funnel the money out through them. They wouldn't take responsibility for it at all. Their customer service sucks. If you use paypal be warned.

Moral of the story (I'm guessing here) is use a unique, impossible to guess password for Paypal. Both aspects are important.. this HAS to be a password you use for no other account.

I'm guessing that's how you got hacked, you probably used your Paypal password for another site/forum or something, where the security is low.

Batman55 said:
Sci-Fi said:

Moral of the story (I'm guessing here) is use a unique, impossible to guess password for Paypal. Both aspects are important.. this HAS to be a password you use for no other account.

I'm guessing that's how you got hacked, you probably used your Paypal password for another site/forum or something, where the security is low.
agree with batman .
always use strong firewall intenet security before log in.

Batman55 said:
Sci-Fi said:

No I did not, it was a unique password I did not use for anything else. I never use the same/similar passwords for anything that uses financial information, I'm not stupid I know that's how many people get their accounts hacked so I know better than to do that. I always used a secure internet which wasn't shared by anyone and never leave myself logged in automatically to anything like that either.

Unique password or not, it's possible for someone to get into anything. So, yes, be very cautious and aware. I don't use eBay for this very reason. I don't feel it's secure enough.

Sci-Fi said:
No I did not, it was a unique password I did not use for anything else. I never use the same/similar passwords for anything that uses financial information, I'm not stupid I know that's how many people get their accounts hacked so I know better than to do that. I always used a secure internet which wasn't shared by anyone and never leave myself logged in automatically to anything like that either.

Very well, then, I'm wondering if you have any ideas of how it could have been done then?

I make a little money online now and then, and it concerns me to hear this. It should be reasonable to expect that a financial site would have the highest level of security possible.

Latest posts

Back