Do you like human beings?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

Lately I feel like human beings are a dissapointment and oh so very undependable and fallible.

Do you like human beings? Why or why not?

Yes, I like humans...to a point. I mean, I like myself and I'm human so far as I can tell, so obviously I like my own species. Collectively, I think we need a lot of work in many ways and I think an alien species would be seriously scratching their heads (??? or whatever appendages they have) in puzzlement over some of our behavior towards ourselves and the world we inhabit.

Basically, I like humans in small doses...

I'm finding as I get older that I'm increasingly happy to be on my own and rely less on others.

My experience with other people is a litany of disappointments, hurts and the occasional betrayal. I still have hope for something different, though.

ringwood, that's a brilliant thread topic: What would an alien race think of humanity?

Also SophiaGrace, is there anything in particular that brought about this line of thinking?

I like the idea of humans. Ideas always seem good until they're executed.

I trust my dog more than some of them so I wont lump them all together
My dog is always happy to see me no matter if I have left him alone for just 5 minutes LOL
Wish I could see myself threw his eyes

I love humans...

Well... I can love a person,
but I despise people.

...if that makes sense.

EDIT: To clarify, Individuals can be interesting, kind, etc. I generally like individuals.
People as a collective are stupid, ignorant, and bigoted. I hate people as a whole.

SophiaGrace said:
Lately I feel like human beings are a dissapointment and oh so very undependable and fallible.

None of us are perfect. We are products of our environments and upbringing. I try and treat others with compassion, understanding, and tolerance. We rely on our fellow humans every day to survive. I feel like we have a responsibility to care for one another, even if I am not cared for, I will still maintain that view.

Nullgeist said:
I like the idea of humans. Ideas always seem good until they're executed.

I'm with Nullgeist on that one. The blueprint is good enough, but the mass production turned out rather sloppy. Guess our budget ran out...

Humans are one of the best creatures of this world. Everything has pros and cons to then so is with Human. Humans are creative, they are great thinker, have great understanding of matters. They live their life as a whole. They are social. Human mind is one fascinating thing. Humans are prune to emotions, In fact their lives are full of it. Humans are indeed incredible. Despite the color, mixture, texture, differences they are whole. But...

There is some downsides too in Human. Humans are often found in conflicts on petty issues. Fighting over small things. They let their live ruined by indulging in river of emotions. Humans are weak. Human fall to even the smallest temptation. Humans are destructive, they often destroy the things they love, out of anger or envy or greed.

Overall, I would say Human are good by nature, there is less cons in them than pros. and I admire them after all I'm human too. :)

Yes. Not that it does a thing for me beyond allowing me some scant comfort in the baristas I talk to. Sometimes it's nice just to hear my name from someone I can make laugh.

This picture is perfect for this question:
%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5-478275.jpeg

SophiaGrace said:

I think what you say is true to an extent - by definition, human beings can only be dependable to a certain degree (though some may be much more dependable than others) and I do feel we are all at least somewhat fallible since no one is perfect. But at the same time I don't think these things mean that human beings aren't worthwhile. I think it's a case-by-case basis.

I like some human beings who have proven themselves worthy of my liking. We have had our ups and downs, but I like my family. I also like anyone who has shown me kindness, friendship, and that they value me or care about me in some way. I like the ones who make me feel better. I like people who are trying to do something interesting or at the very least good in the world.

Other human beings have proven themselves worthy of my dislike. The ones who tried to bully and belittle me go on this list. As do the people who seem to never tire of making it hard to get anywhere in the world or who perpetuate problems when they have the power to solve them instead, just so they can have all the toys. And then there's, well, you know. The "bad boys". The ones who get by on image and social status. The ones I really, really don't like at all.

Anyway. It sounds like what's happening to you is something specific, like someone has let you down in some way. They can't be all like that, though. I do believe that at the end of the day, there are more good people than bad ones.

Humans? who are they? who are we? what makes us human? Many people wouldnt know how to answer them.. Today, human is just a tag of a species but the mere truth is behind the letters H. U. M. A. N. there is so much.. there are feelings, emotions, love, caring, ability to give, respect, understanding, judging, reacting, adjusting, forgiving, accepting... I could go on forever.. Humans are one of the best creatures with the gift of thinking in this biodiversity but sadly, just coz an individual is born as a human does not mean he is a HUMAN.. If we gave the chance for an animal or a tree to talk it will say humans represent the evil.. People in the today's society are not using the gift of thinking in the proper manner such that it leads to rape, robbery, murder, selfishness, hate, wrath, racism etc..
In my opinion every individual tagged as an human from birth should start living as an HUMAN; humble, modest, caring, loving, respecting, understanding.. etc.. that is the day that will change the world.. that is the way how are lives would become beautiful..
I admire humans for there abilities and i adore those who hav struggled and won just to be a modest and humble human to set an example to everyone else.. May god bless them.. I want to be someone like that..
Who do you want to be? A human from birth or a human from nature?

Latest posts

Back