RPG Recommendations for Xbox 360?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h3donist

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm ready to start another RPG game now, so I am open to suggestions as to what to get. I already have Skyrim.

My favourite game EVER was Final Fantasy 7 and 8 on the PS1 and I've always wanted to lose myself in an RPG to the same degree, but nothing I find has the same effect. They are either too focused on combat or too open-ended. I love a good storyline, turn based combat (I hate not being able to progress to the next part of a story because I'm not bashing buttons fast enough!)

So do any of you have a recommendation for a game that might fit the bill?

H :)

The Xbox 360 doesn't have many JRPGs worth mentioning, but I did enjoy Lost Odyssey a lot and it's very similar in style to the PS1 era Final Fantasy games.

Fallout 3 was probably my favorite game when I had a 360, it's a first person shooter with RPG elements. Never played Skyrim but I've heard that Fallout is somewhat similar, probably with the non-linear gameplay.

What about having a look at the Bioware RPGs - the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series.

Katerina said:
What about having a look at the Bioware RPGs - the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series.

Mass effect is a great recommendation. try playing the third one's demo. You will see that the game have an option to emphasis the story over combat or the other way around. easy way to customize how you want to play the game your way. I have it and love it. I plays the game with my wife where she does the story control and I do the combat segment. This game have such a massive scale and depth to the lore of the world.

While it is nice to play all three mass effect games, it is not strictly required to complete the first two to enjoy the third one. However, if you are interested in trying all three, there is a collection pack with all three mass effect games sold together.

You should check out Telltale's stuff (The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands). Episodic games seem to be the wave of the future. :)

Lost Odyssey (fav.), Tales of Vesperia (if you can stand the kiddie presentation), Dragon Age 1, Mass Effect 1-3, Fallout New Vegas. About sums it up.

Latest posts

Back