Conditioned Continuous Rage

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anonymous

Reaction score
There is this old HBO show I've been watching off tudou.com called Oz. In the show some of the characters have been forced to have a kind of Conditioned continuous Rage in order to protect themselves.

Being a guy I could totally relate with the episode I saw yesterday where one of the characters goes into a constant rage and beats the crap out of the guy who abused him in Oz. And after that it's like a vicious cycle where he now has this continuous rage that he knows he subconsciously has to put forth. However, rage is energy consuming and chaotic. To have this rage means peace can not be obtained, but subconsciously the person knows they would be worse off without the rage in their environment.

I've noticed the reason I am so generally unhappy is because in order to get people to leave me alone or to get some kind of decent respect or treatment from people I have to be the same as this character in the Oz (just not as physical since most of us are restrained from doing so since we would go to prison). And I can't find peace this way but I get more peace than not doing so.

So maybe I'm an idiot and I'm the last person my age to understand this, but this would explain a lot about how americans treat one another. Especially in Orlando, Florida.

Please tell me your thoughts even if it is to tell me I'm a stupid ********.

Anonymous said:
However, rage is energy consuming and chaotic. To have this rage means peace can not be obtained, but subconsciously the person knows they would be worse off without the rage in their environment.

I've noticed the reason I am so generally unhappy is because in order to get people to leave me alone or to get some kind of decent respect or treatment from people I have to be the same as this character in the Oz (just not as physical since most of us are restrained from doing so since we would go to prison). And I can't find peace this way but I get more peace than not doing so.

Hello Anonymous,
Fist let me ask, could it be that you use this rage to obtain peace? ie: people leaving you alone, getting respect.

It sounds as if you have some personal boundaries and you feel that people are not respecting them and therefore not respecting you.
How could you be happy if you felt like you were not being treated right?

I wonder if there is a more creative way you might let people know that they have crossed your personal boundaries? You say you have to act like that character? Could it be that you haven't explored all your options?

We can choose to be agressive or we can be assertive. There is nothing wrong with standing up for yourself. Indeed you should and it is healthy to do so. There is something wrong with beating the honeysuckle outta someone...lol You can be assertive without violence and have peace too...lol

I am not sure exactly what the situation is you are talking about.
I hope this has helped a little. It might not help at all but, I gave it a shot for you :)

Naleena said:
Anonymous said:
However, rage is energy consuming and chaotic. To have this rage means peace can not be obtained, but subconsciously the person knows they would be worse off without the rage in their environment.

Hello Anonymous,
Fist let me ask, could it be that you use this rage to obtain peace? ie: people leaving you alone, getting respect.

It sounds as if you have some personal boundaries and you feel that people are not respecting them and therefore not respecting you.
How could you be happy if you felt like you were not being treated right?

I wonder if there is a more creative way you might let people know that they have crossed your personal boundaries? You say you have to act like that character? Could it be that you haven't explored all your options?

We can choose to be agressive or we can be assertive. There is nothing wrong with standing up for yourself. Indeed you should and it is healthy to do so. There is something wrong with beating the honeysuckle outta someone...lol You can be assertive without violence and have peace too...lol

I am not sure exactly what the situation is you are talking about.
I hope this has helped a little. It might not help at all but, I gave it a shot for you :)

That's just it though, I've tried all the other options and the one that works best I've now realized is to just be angry when people mess with me; if I confront people (and with rage) then no matter who it is that is disregarding me I usually get a better outcome and actually GET what I want.

So yeah, it gives me some kind of peace. But at the same time, how much peace can someone have if they are constantly on guard and ready to pounce, so to speak.

At my uni someone backed up there car into me while I was walking so I punched there car and went up to there window and they drove off. It gave me some kind of peace, I guess to just say fresia it if there is a reason for someone being an ass. It's so much more rewarding to be a bigger dick and it is the only option that has actually gotten me an outcome where I got what I wanted (which is usually to be left alone).

I know that the only thing I can do is to leave my environment at this point in order to avoid having to use anger and rage to defend myself in my stupid environment.

hello

lol u aint a stupid ******** or anything close to that. Ur just a normal person who is angry! Uve tried expressing ur anger and it felt good but really u cant do so anymore, coz jus like u said , it will consume ur life and ull never be really content

Anonymous said:
I know that the only thing I can do is to leave my environment at this point in order to avoid having to use anger and rage to defend myself in my stupid environment.

I sadly think this might be the answer...eventhough leaving or moving is so hard, this just might be what u need. Sometimes u feel the environment around you is so wrong for you. Most of the ppl around me are immature pricks. I mean they say and do so much immature stupid stuff that it drives me crazy!!! JUST CRAZY!!!! But ill be leaving soon...and thats really comforting to me , and the place i will go , i will meet more mature ppl like me. Im only 18 but i feel like a 40 yr old lol , maybe thats the kind of ppl i need!

Take care dude

Hi there Anonymous, I know the program your on about and where your coming from. OZ is a kick ass program. I enjoyed watching it even though there some shocking things happen there.

If you act like one of the characters out of OZ sure ppl well be nice to you. But this well not be out of respect. It well be out of fear. If I see someone in a bar or anywhere and they come across as they could very well be nasty to a point where I could get physically hurt. Sure am nice to the guy but at the same time I would be making sure I put as much distance between me and him as possible. same with someone I may work with. Nice I would be but still would be trying to have as little to do with him as possible.

You leave your self open when your nice to ppl. And this can make it so ppl well treat you wrong and let you down and even hurt you. But if your all like aggressive ppl well not hurt you and well be friendly its true. But that's it. You well never have a decent friend as all them kinder ppl well not wont to be getting close to you. Fear and respect or two very different things. Sure am going to be nice to someone if they well knock me on my ass if am not. I would not even dear to speak my mined. But this person Vere well might think I respect him. Not so, I would be doing that out of fear. Respect comes when I can tell a friend what I honestly think and know even though that friend may be hurt in what I have said he well still be nice.

OZ is a prison. And a program. IRL its not exportable to be like that. That's why even in the program there locked up.

Bluey said:

If you act like one of the characters out of OZ sure ppl well be nice to you. But this well not be out of respect. It well be out of fear. If I see someone in a bar or anywhere and they come across as they could very well be nasty to a point where I could get physically hurt. Sure am nice to the guy but at the same time I would be making sure I put as much distance between me and him as possible. same with someone I may work with. Nice I would be but still would be trying to have as little to do with him as possible.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it is. And I am aware that that is why I don't have people around me, but I'm just generally more content this way and I think I've become used to it... I'm kind of an idealist when it comes to the fantasies I imagine about how things and people should be to one another and why; and because of this when I am nice I am completely being what I see myself as in an ideal environment (what I am when I am alone or around a person I don't have to worry will not consider me) and this leads to people taking big advantage of me in so many negative ways.

And I guess the point where I decided just to stop being so nice I realized people just thought I was naive and such. It's just so much easier to gain some kind of false respect through anger than to be made everyone's clown, but still self-defeating to a degree.

But that definitely has to be why I am always alone. I'm not willing to be open and nice. At least not unless the other person can somehow show me they can/will consider me almost as much as themself or I don't really see the loss in having these people avoid me.

Latest posts

Back