time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senjina

Reaction score
Its been almost 4 months since the passing of my grandpa and aunt. Even though its been that long I still end up crying at night sometimes. I know Im not the only one in my family, but so much is going on and my sister is married and pregnate.... I just dunno what to do sometimes. Having a job and having friends I play with online helps but only to a point. Um and then I saw this :club: lol, but I think its been hardest since I've been away a lot at school though I do call my mom every couple days.

I am really sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa and aunt. Almost four months is no time at all when it comes to grief, so go easy on yourself. I still cry from time to time about missing my dad who died at the end of 1997. Losing loved ones is so painful.

I cried over a dog for 3 years....A DOG...nothing is more pathetic than that. Four months doesn't seem long, especially if you haven't gone through those "firsts" like birthday, holidays, etc, without them. When my grandma died I remember a year after her death my dad broke done because he was working and had a question and called her out of habit. I think when they say time heals, it sometimes takes A LOT of time.

Thank you both very much. And nicolet, I also had a cat I lost over a year ago, her name was ginger and she was hit by a car. I didn't see it happen but found her in the yard when I had come back from my grandmas house. But hearing this from both of you.

I also found something that may or may not help me. I'm going to try and write a song in memoration of my grandpa. There are so many stories....its hard to believe he is gone and we are also afraid my grandma won't be here much longer.

*hug* sorry about your aunt , gradpa amd ginger. and nice to meet you senjina

Frodothelost said:

thank you and its nice to meet you too.

I realize I've been posting alot of sad stuff lately but I've also found there is many inspirational things happening too. I'll say more after tomorrow.

Senjina said:
Frodothelost said:

thank you and its nice to meet you too.

I realize I've been posting alot of sad stuff lately but I've also found there is many inspirational things happening too. I'll say more after tomorrow.

Get some rest

Finally went to bed 20 min later.. and woke up half hour before my other class. Ive decided on a few things since this morning.. One is to write my life story.. in different thread. I just know there is much to think about.

I don't think ever heals - I think you learn to cope better as you get older, but I don't think pain of certain things ever goes away.
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

JHK said:
I don't think ever heals - I think you learn to cope better as you get older, but I don't think pain of certain things ever goes away.
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I think thats true and thank you

Nicolelt said:
I cried over a dog for 3 years....A DOG...nothing is more pathetic than that.

I don't think there is anything pathetic about crying over a dog. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just saying that even though they are not human, they sure do seem like it with their moods and expressions and senses of playfulness and humor, the companionship they provide and the trust they place in you. I definitely feel like my dog is family and I can see how someone would feel very emotionally attached to a pet.

TheSkaFish said:
Nicolelt said:
I cried over a dog for 3 years....A DOG...nothing is more pathetic than that.

I don't think there is anything pathetic about crying over a dog. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just saying that even though they are not human, they sure do seem like it with their moods and expressions and senses of playfulness and humor, the companionship they provide and the trust they place in you. I definitely feel like my dog is family and I can see how someone would feel very emotionally attached to a pet.
I agree. How in the world is it "pathetic" to feel grief over losing a pet? They often are family members.
A life is a life. Why do some people think it only matters when they are human? I have never understood this ideology.

Despicable Me said:
I agree. How in the world is it "pathetic" to feel grief over losing a pet? They often are family members.
A life is a life. Why do some people think it only matters when they are human? I have never understood this ideology.

I agree, but I think it's being taken out of context here a bit. I wasn't arguing with Nicole's post. I was just saying she shouldn't feel like there is anything wrong with her for crying about a pet, no matter how long afterwards it might be.

Latest posts

Back