I don't undsterstand what happened

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WishingWell

Reaction score
Hi,

I have lost a lot of PM's on the Site so now I type them on Word 2013 (which I pay for), and while I am typing, I save it a few times so I don't lose it.

When I finished an answer to a PM, I went to the document and opened it so I could copy and paste it into ALL in the Private Message space where I wanted to.

I opened the Word Document, and it was all "encrypted" (I think that is what you call it). The Document I typed was 5 pages long on Word 2013, and I checked every where to find it. I even re-saved it in a couple of other places and in a couple of different formats. Now it is saying that is not saved.

I have done this for about 3 years after losing PM's on ALL.

Does anyone have a solution besides re-typing the whole thing. I don't even remember all that I wrote.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to give me.

Wishing Well

I found the document in a place where I don't know how to describe where it is. I was wondering however, if anyone would please post an answer if you have one in case it happens again, because it has and it was short, so I just re-typed it.

If you can't trust Word 2013 to behave with your documents, maybe try downloading LibreOffice as a free alternative document creator? I can't remember what the exact option is when installing it, but I think there's a setting to stop LibreOffice starting up every time you start your PC, which I would recommend unticking:

https://www.libreoffice.org/

Sorry I can't help with solving the Word 2013 issue as such. For general searching issues in Windows 7 , you could try clicking on Start > Computer > Organize > Folder and Search Options > View Tab > Advanced Settings > Hidden Files and Folders > and tick "Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives . Click OK, then use Start > Search Programs and Files... to find keywords from the documents that are missing. There would be similar techniques of revealing hidden files for other versions of Windows.

Latest posts

Back