Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone else feel like they are always the one that doesn't belong?
My whole life I have interacted with many people, and I have only been close to one. And even now she is gone so I have no one to talk to. Nobody has a clue that I am lonely and sad. I put up the facade of being happy pretty easily and I do not let people see my emotions. I spend most days trying as hard as I can to be around other people and meet new people but at the end of the day I am always the one who goes home alone, while everyone else has people who love them and care for them and are always there for them. I've never done anything wrong to anyone, I'm always there for people but it seems like no one is there for me. I just don't know what is wrong with me. My one and only friend used to tell me I'm attractive, funny, caring, a great person and friend, and that I would make a great father someday, but so far that means nothing to me because everyone I ever get close to throws me away. I honestly don't know what the point of writing all of this down is and I don't expect anything to come out of this.

I have tried many ways to meet someone, anyone who will accept me. I've tried meetup groups, dating sites(never even got a response to any of my messages), social events, but in the end I always feel ignored and that I am not liked. In any one of these events if I don't talk then everyone ignores me and when I do talk no one continues the topic of conversation I brought up.

I have never had a solid group of friends. I used to be good friends with one, but she is moving on with her life it seems. With the all the effort it takes just to get someone to acknowledge me, I feel that it's too late to make true friends since most people already have established their social groups by their 20's. I'm 21, and I feel like I have wasted my youth. The best years of my life are passing by. I have already missed out on so many experiences such as chilling with friends talking about life, doing group activities, going on a date with a girl or joking around without taking it personally. Then I go to bed all alone, with no one to cuddle or talk to about anything and everything and the cycle repeats.

I have never felt more alone in my whole life. It's been like this for the past three years. I just feel so hopeless.
(02-09-2015, 04:51 AM)DeadImaginaryFriends Wrote: My whole life I have interacted with many people, and I have only been close to one. And even now she is gone so I have no one to talk to. Nobody has a clue that I am lonely and sad. I put up the facade of being happy pretty easily and I do not let people see my emotions. I spend most days trying as hard as I can to be around other people and meet new people but at the end of the day I am always the one who goes home alone, while everyone else has people who love them and care for them and are always there for them. I've never done anything wrong to anyone, I'm always there for people but it seems like no one is there for me. I just don't know what is wrong with me. My one and only friend used to tell me I'm attractive, funny, caring, a great person and friend, and that I would make a great father someday, but so far that means nothing to me because everyone I ever get close to throws me away. I honestly don't know what the point of writing all of this down is and I don't expect anything to come out of this.

I have tried many ways to meet someone, anyone who will accept me. I've tried meetup groups, dating sites(never even got a response to any of my messages), social events, but in the end I always feel ignored and that I am not liked. In any one of these events if I don't talk then everyone ignores me and when I do talk no one continues the topic of conversation I brought up.

I have never had a solid group of friends. I used to be good friends with one, but she is moving on with her life it seems. With the all the effort it takes just to get someone to acknowledge me, I feel that it's too late to make true friends since most people already have established their social groups by their 20's. I'm 21, and I feel like I have wasted my youth. The best years of my life are passing by. I have already missed out on so many experiences such as chilling with friends talking about life, doing group activities, going on a date with a girl or joking around without taking it personally. Then I go to bed all alone, with no one to cuddle or talk to about anything and everything and the cycle repeats.

I have never felt more alone in my whole life. It's been like this for the past three years. I just feel so hopeless.
I've felt and continue to feel (although to a far lesser extent) as you do. I'm the same age as you so our circumstances are made even more similar. It's never too late to find a group of friends you really click with. Feeling like you're ignored and not liked resonates with me but I would imagine that the more likely scenario is that the people you think ignore and dislike you are just anxious about talking to people they don't know well. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in how you feel Smile
I haven't met many people who are on my wave length.
Yep get that feeling almost everyday. Mostly because I don't know of anyone who's as alone as I am. I sort of question why is it that I'm alone, why can't I make friends. Then I remembered I don't give people second chances, because once people fuck up, then there's no point especially when you're the one taking the brunt of it. That said it doesn't make any difference I try to go out and make friends even if the end result is the same each time; being as alone as you were when you went.

When people are surprised when I tell them I moved to the city on my own they say 'you didn't move in with friends?' The honest answer is no because my friends have their own lives and I want to do what I want. The socially acceptable answer is 'It's easier for work' which was a good lie.

In any case life can be pretty crap and lonely everyday, but the only answer is to keep fighting. Don't let things consume you. Get up and do something you want to do, you've always wanted to do make spontaneous decisions, take a few risks. Life might be lonely now but you have to be proud of the things you can do. I know its not original advice but its important to live as much as you can even when no one's there to catch you when you fall or reassure you when things go wrong.
I've often felt like I don't belong. Here, there, everywhere...at one time or another. I still have thoughts about not feeling like I belong somewhere, but now I don't really care if I belong or not at this point. People will accept me or they won't, I'm okay with that. If it makes me feel bad enough, I just don't go to places anymore.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 68694043_2341967022788228_46455155003665...Ng%3D%3D.2]
I often feel the same way. Like you, I put on a happy façade and very few people know just how much I am fighting extreme loneliness every single day. And also like you I go home alone, to noone.
I have often found that in social groups it seems that while most of the others have each others' mobile numbers, they don't seem to ask for mine. In one group, only two people have my number and one of these was because we were planning a group outing and I was unsure if I would be able to make it so I asked for someone's number so I could text if I couldn't come.
When I heard the Dane Cook bit about the "Karen" of the group, I felt like I finally understood how other people saw me.
(02-09-2015, 11:08 PM)Tiina63 Wrote: I often feel the same way. Like you, I put on a happy façade and very few people know just how much I am fighting extreme loneliness every single day. And also like you I go home alone, to noone.
I have often found that in social groups it seems that while most of the others have each others' mobile numbers, they don't seem to ask for mine. In one group, only two people have my number and one of these was because we were planning a group outing and I was unsure if I would be able to make it so I asked for someone's number so I could text if I couldn't come.

I know how you feel. It seems like if no one naturally likes me, it always has to me me putting myself out there constantly and I only ever get a little bit back in return. Sometimes I feel like leaving my room and doing something, but soon realize that the only thing more terrifying than being by myself is being alone in a group of people, at least being alone I can delude myself a little farther.
I used to, all the time. Maybe it's my age but I've noticed that feeling less and less over time. Or maybe I just don't care anymore. If I'm in a place where I don't feel like I belong, I often just leave.

-Teresa
En la boca cerrada no entran moscas.
I always feel like a pathetic idiot loser around people to the point where I'm not sure why I even bother

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Places you go to feel better Tealeaf 43 7,968 07-03-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: PandaSwag
  Does anyone else feel this way? ITellYouHhwut 5 703 04-16-2019, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Richard_39
  How do you feel now compared to when you joined? jetsuo 93 20,114 03-15-2019, 12:52 PM
Last Post: HorseLatitudes
  I need help. I feel invisible to women. Tachyonprince 10 1,115 02-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Last Post: sriguhan
  Does anyone ever feel deprived of physical contact? hewhowalksalone 33 1,941 02-06-2019, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Jessicat
  I'm a sad, pathetic person who doesn't deserve a relationship Matt L 20 1,664 01-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: bearcat22
  I feel invisible SomethingOriginal 4 985 11-17-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: DeepTxWater
  i feel like im avoided as if im carrying a disease clover4you 8 1,711 10-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: TammyLynn1972
  I don't belong to anywhere lonelyfairy 11 2,021 09-27-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: sometimesthewolf
  Do i belong here? Anarchic Torchic 2 640 09-19-2018, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Saulgoodmanfan