Anyone else feel like they are always the one that doesn't belong?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bearcat22 said:
Do not let this feeling of being different trouble you too deeply.

Consider.  Look around.  

Are most people stupid, lazy, cowardly, shallow, dishonest, conformist?

Is it so bad to be different?

Perhaps not.  

Read.  Find the most "different" people that have lived.

Would you like to try to change things the way they did?

Would you actually like your life to have mattered at all?

Jessicat said:
I feel the same Hewhowalksalone. 
Think some traits is burned so deep inside of me that they are not going to change. Trust issues and the battle within myself will never let me connect with someone as easy as it should be. This Christmas and New Year’s Eve was just another example of that. My bf and I had some of his friends over, I made dinner, we had a few drinks, we laughed and had a decent time. Yet, I don’t feel like I fit in. 
Since I was very young I have felt like I don’t belong in this life, that I was supposed to die. Now I’m just a ghost of something I was supposed to be and I have to carry that with me every day. Looking at life with this inability to be myself cause I’m not what I was supposed to be. I’m changed against my will. I think this will be a critical battle for me. Can I get to the point where I see myself and not his taint on me.

Well, it seems to me that the only answer is to do something exceptional.

Prove that you are different for a purpose.   Fitting in means you are meaningless and worthless.

Be more. Demand more.  

None of this revolting "change your attitude" garbage.   DO SOMETHING exceptional.

Even if that only means you strap a bomb to your body and go create justice somewhere.

Make your difference count.  Make your difference matter.

Do good? Build a hospital?  Sure, sure.  Shovel some more sand hopelesly  against the tide if you
think that means being exceptional.

Or actually remove actual evil from the Earth forever.

Imagine how much difference that would make, imagine how you will be forever remembered 
as so much better than the rest.

Are you perhaps being sarcastic? You can't seriously be suggesting to "strap a bomb to your chest" to "remove evil from the Earth forever"...

Do I really need to point out how psychotic that sounds?

[quote pid='891600' dateline='1547215855']

Are you perhaps being sarcastic? You can't seriously be suggesting to "strap a bomb to your chest" to "remove evil from the Earth forever"...

[/quote]

No I am not being sarcastic.  I am not suggesting anyone do anything specific, as that might be unlawful.

If you think that removing evil from the Earth is not one of the most worthwhile and noble ways to 
achieve purpose and make your life significant, even if that means suicide, then I would say that YOU sound psychotic.

But, don't let me keep you. Hurry on.  I am sure you must spend many hours feeding the homeless or something
rather than spending your time and effort attacking others on the internet.

Ookay. I'll just sit this discussion out from here on out...:/

bearcat22 said:
[quote pid='891600' dateline='1547215855']

No I am not being sarcastic.  I am not suggesting anyone do anything specific, as that might be unlawful.

If you think that removing evil from the Earth is not one of the most worthwhile and noble ways to 
achieve purpose and make your life significant, even if that means suicide, then I would say that YOU sound psychotic.

But, don't let me keep you. Hurry on.  I am sure you must spend many hours feeding the homeless or something
rather than spending your time and effort attacking others on the internet.

[/quote]

Wow.
I think I've mentioned this before... but it's not attacking to simply disagree with you.
But, considering that your only defense to suggesting that people become suicide bombers is that you didn't say anything "specific" and suggesting that because I don't spend many hours feeding the homeless... indicating my "flaw" invalidates my criticism of your bad behavior... what logical fallacy does that sound like again... hint, it's the one you mention all the time.
Take it however you like.

Removing evil... 
The problem with this, is what your definition of evil might be.
So, by all means... explain your point.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but if arguing is the only thing this thread is going to bring, it'll be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back