Tulips

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguarundi

Reaction score
Just finished these two paintings this afternoon. I did them to be viewed individually, or together.

wu2btz.jpg

zweviw.jpg

2lj2jgx.jpg

Very nice, I really like the colours and they go really well together as well as on their own. What medium do you use?

Thanks Cavey, Katerina.

Hard to say how long they take to paint, Cavey.

Because they are oil paintings ( which answers your question Katerina lol) they need to dry between applications of different colours, shades etc. Otherwise you can end up with a big muddy looking mess. So there is elapsed time as well as painting time, and also just looking at the paintings and deciding what next to do, is the shade and light balance OK, does anything need fixing...

Also because of the drying time I always work on more than one painting at once, maybe three, in a four hour session at my art club.

I reckon these two took a couple of months elapsed and maybe I don't know, 15 - 20 hours of painting.

Sci-Fi said:
Nice an clever doing two to match each other.

Thank you M'sieur. Actually I didn't make the final decision on that until quite late in the process. I even considered doing three...

Great job
I love tulips ... was my Dads favorite flower
I have planted 100s of bulbs in his honor
**** squirrels dig them up and replant at my neighbors
Neighbor tells me every year that he can understand where they came from LOL

Latest posts

Back