Mouse needs new Phone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mouse

My Sony Xperia died on me; its screen blacked out. It wasn't its battery as I bought a new one and charged it up - still no go. So I returned to my old HTC One.

It's alright-ish. It's a dead-by-dusk phone so have to recharge it every night. I'm looking to buy a different one, on a contract as it's needed for work. So let's see what the options are without my having to opt for an iPhone with a zillion apps I'll never need. I got a really good deal with Virgin Media on the one I have: £16/month unlimited.

Sony Xperia Z3
Nokia Lumia 1020 with its fab camera

or - ?

Any suggestions would be most welcome. :)

Considering you're a mouse, i will suggest the Willcom WXO6A. One of the smallest phones in the world.

I know nothing of phones so i have no serious suggestion.... I'll let myself out.

I had a Sony Ericsson Xperia mini and ended up buying the Google LG Nexus 5.

Though other phones I would recommend are the Sony Xperia Z2 and the LG G2. I'm not sure how good the Xperia Z3 and the G3 are but I've read a lot of good things about the Z2 and G2.

SophiaGrace said:
If you can…get the LG G2

i certainly recommend LG too. I'm such an LG fangirl. But I don't have the G2 - it wasn't in my budget. Instead, I have the LG Volt. I really like it, and it's about 60 dollars, give or take where it's being sold. Best Buy had it for 179 or so, but I got mine on Amazon for 60ish.

Cutting edge in mobile technology.

phones.jpg

Thank you so much, everyone. :) And Sophia Grace for suggesting that lovely LG G2. Unfortunately, my 'provider hasn't got LG in yet, but they gave me a splendid deal with that Xperia Z3 which came free on a new £20/month contract. It's arriving tomorrow by courier. Can't be without the phone as I use it for business.

Anna

I think it's very difficult to recommend a phone to someone. Most people have a very specific idea of what they're looking for and only ever get to handle a couple of models for an extended period of time. Having said that, I'll still have a go...

I've owned or have had reasonable access to these phones and I can at least tell you what I like and don't like about them.

I like the fantastic build quality on the HTC One M8 and it's as fast as you could ever need, but the camera isn't great.

I like the camera on the Samsung Galaxy S4 & S5 and the screens are great looking, but the build quality is awful - don't get me started on the cheap tacky plastic backing. It's also got more bloatware than the average smartphone.

The LG G2 was great. The IPS screen was nice. It's as responsive as any phone out there and it's got fantastic battery life... but I hate having the button on the back and the casing looks cheap.

I don't like the LG G3. It took everything good about the G2 and made it worse.

I like the Z2 a lot, but I've not been able to try out a Z3. The camera on the Z2 was fantastic and the build quality is top notch, but I'm not keen on it's very angular styling and it's got loads of bloatware pre-installed.

The iPhone 6 is an iPhone 6. It's a very attractive phone. It's very responsive. It's got a fantastic screen and great camera... but it's also ridiculously overpriced and it's worthless to me unless it's jailbroken.

I've never had the opportunity to have a proper go with any of the Nokia/Microsoft phones, so I won't comment on those.

I'm not going to recommend anything, but I hope I gave you something to think about.

^ Yes, I considered the Nokia Lumia 1020, but again wasn't entirely happy it was a Microsoft phone. I don't need the camera even though its GB size is astonishingly large, have my late father's lovely Alpa for digital stuff of that calibre. As for that iPhone 6, overpriced as you said and one doesn't need all those apps. Not for my lifestyle, anyway.

I decided on that Sony Xperia, the Z3 only because I've had an Xperia before and the contract deal on it is very good, but I do thank you for the amount of time and effort put in on your post. It was super. :)

Anna

Latest posts

Back