darkness has fallen

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arachne

Reaction score
I like to write, I wrote this after listening to the song' Ripples' by Genesis

'The world we knew won't come back'

Who is she? I see her always sitting in the same place, below a large 20 m in height big leaf Maple tree. The canopy of the leaves shelters her from the rain somewhat, that pours upon the earth with an intensity unbridled.

The woman's hair is damp, curling gently at the ends in ringlets, that drip with small crystalline sparkles of water filled droplets. Time weathered hands are cupped upon her face, the muffled sounds of sobbing permeating the forest that surrounds her.

So sad is she that she does not notice the life that even, in the storm teams about her. Her long, lean legs are pulled close to her chest. As if to shield them from some unseen force.

I want to go to her, reach out, pull her close, shelter her from the storm that rages within her soul. But I cannot.

Within her own private hell she is lost, traveling along a road of memories that swell up ready to swallow her whole. She is broken, not strong enough to see the new world that can be within grasp. On days like this the rain is a metaphor.. for the unhappiness that lives within her.

Her sobs grow stronger as she moves long fingers from her face. Rain drops now pummels her face adding to the tears that are already drowning her.

I scream inside my own self.. "stop" I must go to her , I understand the darkness she feels. Consuming, choking, like ashes that block out the light. The immortal torment that rages in all of us. But most are able to fight against. I feel she has given up. The wounds don't seem to heal for this woman.

She looks upon the scars that streak down her forearms, like a road map of unhappiness and shame. She tries so hard to tell herself that they are gone. Alas they are not. They are the wounds from years of unhappiness.

The rain eases until only the gentle splatter, from leaf to leaf remains. The forest is drying and a golden stream appears warming the coolness.

Her blue eyes move to view a puddle that has formed beside her. A drop hits the still water.. It forms a ripple that radiates from one small ring to multiples till it disappears. Much like she is feeling I would guess.

Her hearts searches within, for the meaning. She knows ripples never come back. They are formed then they are gone no 2 are a like. She begins to rise, her clothes are damp. She shakes them free and a small breeze gently helps to dry them. The pain is passing for now, like the rain storm has done .

Still I wish to go to her and pull to me and take the pain forever away. But it is not my pain to take. She must fight it and that is a task only she can do.

The sun now is warming the world around her. She looks again to the puddle of water that now shrinks into the rich earth...for within her heart...

'Angels never know it's time
To close the book and gracefully decline
The song has found a tale
My, what a jealous pool she is
The face in the water looks up
She shakes her head as if to say
That the bluegirls have all gone away'
Genesis

Thank you Sophia for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I do not often share my writings as they are personal and not like my blog. I thought I would take a chance to see if it would be received well. At least its been looked at, not sure I will do it again. Bright Blessings and thank you again.. ^.^

Latest posts

Back