Being happy is a choice.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanguineRose

Reaction score
I was thinking, do we really need some "so called" things to be happy in our life? As for me I don’t have those things which I always hoped for yet, I’m not upset about it. There were many things I wanted in my life but gradually I came to know that I can’t have all of them and probably most of them. It’s not that I have done pursuing them, it’s just I am content with the things going in my life.

What I came to realize is that happiness is always a choice. We can still be happy even when things are not the way we want it. There will be a time when we’d feel like everything around us is falling down and we are left alone in all this. Yet happiness will be always there, if we’d let it come to us.

Yes, it is. Happiness is like glass. You may not see it, but it's definately there, you just have to change your own perspective or view from time to time.

You can't always prevent what life will bring you, but you CAN choose how you deal with it. That's really all that matters in the end, how you dealt with whatever is in front of you and whatever is on your plate.

Absolutely. The only person that can change how you feel, is you. You may not be able to change the situation but you can try and you are the only person that makes the choice about how you react to any given obstacle.

Doing nothing and waiting for someone to make you happy is a recipe for misery.

other people make me miserable. There are loads of very negative people about.
Very few positive ones. Very few jolly ones. That's a reason I like to be alone.

Life is about choices. Being happy is one of them too. Either you can drown yourself in self pity, hate, regrets, remorse and failure Or You can look forward, stay hopeful, cheerful and positive about future.

We "don't" need things to stay happy. All we need is attitude to have it when life give it to us Or one can be be arrogant and selfish to throw it away. It's a choice after all. You either take it or cast it away.

Stay positive Rose. Life is sweet and wonderful If you can only see it through my eyes or yours ;)

As i mentioned earlier in this thread, yes i do believe happiness is a choice. However, i do feel that sells alot of people short. I think that happiness is a state of mind, but, just like joy - a 'simple' emotion - it comes and goes with time. It may not be there for every second of your life.

I also believe that every person everywhere, always struggles to find that happiness. Not always succesful, this may be because of our tendency to choose short term joy over long term happiness, but, i think that a large portion is because people act to the best of their knowledge. Meaning a lack of knowledge in someone will lead to happiness staying hidden and elusive. To no shame of said individual. I think that knowledge comes mostly from first hand experiences. How often have we seen ourselves give advice to someone that we ourselves don't follow at all. Because it's easier not to, and there hasn't yet been a situation that gives us the realisation that following this tougher to follow advice will be more beneficial. Even if we know in the back of our heads that it is more beneficial.

So, assuming this makes any sense at all and is anywhere near truth, people always search for happiness to the best of their abilities and knowledge. And this is why information changes situations. This is why knowledge is the corner stone, that decisive factor, the fundamental part. Of course there is alot more to it than this.

Why do i feel i made a huge fool out of myself here. Oh well, time to get back to learning.

rosebolt,if you have a lot of knowledge but you're not happy... maybe you've not the right knowledge :)

I was sad only when I had less knowledge then now... ;)

Sennar said:
rosebolt,if you have a lot of knowledge but you're not happy... maybe you've not the right knowledge :)

I was sad only when I had less knowledge then now... ;)

Goes without saying, ;)

Knowing the truth is like waking up from very long and deep sleep. Sometimes It's better not to know them all. Ruins the fun all the time.

I have to disagree. I feel like there are plenty of things that are objectively bad/miserable, and make life bad as a result.

It's like I was thinking to myself recently - even if I stopped caring about everything I want in life, everything that NOT having has caused me unhappiness - how much can you give up on, before you've completely given up on life?

I also think it's OK and even healthy to vent anger and frustration at the game/the system/society/the universe/life, whatever you want to call it. If you bottle it up inside, it will either come out some other way, like taking it out on other people or animals, or substance abuse, or it will turn inwards and just make you feel lousy about yourself.

But, you're free to believe the opposite if you wish. Not saying you're wrong. I just don't see it that way myself.

Just catching up to this thread, and I'm totally with the OP on this topic... I used to be a really negative & sarcastic person, always focusing upon the bad, but over the years I've mellowed out and come to terms with life. Sure, it'd be nice to live in a beachfront mansion, own a yacht and a Lamborghini Aventador and all kinds of offroad toys, and YES, there are rich fucks who have all that and NEVER had to work for ANY of it... that's just the way it is in this world. However, I've done things those rich wanks will NEVER do, so piss on 'em... I like to think of myself as being wealthy in life experience, lol. And I've learned to be happy with what I have: a roof over my head, a comfortable home with an 8' pool table and big screen TVs, a nice view deck and a million-dollar view of the Dragoon Mountains & Cochise Stronghold, four cats with whom I share quality time, clean fresh high desert air, a quiet crime-free neighborhood, etc., etc. I also like to cook, whether it's in the kitchen or on the BBQ, and I really enjoy eating good nutritious food... sometimes ya gotta focus upon what makes ya happy, aye? And NOT dwell on negative bullshit so much... yeah, the world's a messed-up place and it could be SO much better, but don't dwell on that, just try to make your own little world a better place! Okay, that's all I got... time to make a kickass breakfast, I'm getting hungry, lol. OP and others, STAY POSITIVE!!! CHEERS!!!   :cool:

Sidewinder said:
a Lamborghini Aventador

If your heart is set on an Italian V12, yeah, that's tough. But luckily, there are plenty of other legitimately cool cars to choose from.

It wouldn't quite take me all the way, but owning another nice car would certainly do something to make me happier!

Latest posts

Back