plot for a movie

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
In the Far East during what Westerners call the Middle Ages, a rural boy wants to learn shao-lin from a monk living in seclusion not far away. He goes to the monk and notices that the monk is severely intoxicated before noon. The boy still petitions the monk, and the monk accepts him as a student. The very first thing the monk says is: "Go into town and get me some wine, boy!" So the boy runs off for town, but on his way there he realizes he doesn't know how to get wine. He manages to find some wine and bring it back to his master. His master then tells him to return the next morning.

This goes on for six months, and every day the boy must find some new way to get wine for the monk, or to remember an old way he hasn't used in a while. And getting his master wine is all he ever does. After six months the boy grows angry and says to the monk: "Enough of this! I wanted to train in shao-lin and all I've done is bring you wine! I'm leaving!" And the monk says: "Excellent. You are ready for the next step in your training. Go to the city and find food and shelter and other things the same way you've been finding wine for me. Return when you are ready for more training." Stunned, the boy says: "But, master, how shall I know when I'm ready?" And the master says: "Oh, you'll know. Now go."

The boy goes to the city and manages to secure food, shelter and a relatively steady stream of income fairly easily. In his time there he loses his virginity. He becomes involved in the bustle of city life and forgets the monk he left behind. After two years, however, he is robbed and beaten so severely that he nearly dies. In the first day of convalescence, he remembers the monk, his old master, and decides to ask what he could have done to prevent nearly being beaten to death. Not wanting to wait until he can travel, he hires people to transport him to the monk's residence in a cart. When he arrives, the monk tells them to leave him there, and they depart.

The monk lays on hands and, by next morning, the boy is fully recovered. He asks his master what he could have done to prevent being beaten so badly, and the master says he could have learned to defend himself. So he starts learning self-defence from the monk but develops a thirst for offence as well, and the monk teaches him that too. During his combat training he starts wanting to return to the city and take revenge on the people who nearly killed him.

One morning the now young man finds that his master has died in his sleep. After disposing of the body according to custom, he continues practising on his own. Eventually he returns to the city and seeks out those who robbed and beat him. When he finds them, he demands compensation. They attack him, and he does well enough that they begin to flee. He starts to chase them, but then stops and watches them flee out of sight. After that he returns to his late master's former residence and spends the rest of his life there. No, he does not drink wine. The end.

Latest posts

Back