Lonely Movie Club

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exasperated

Reaction score
It sucks not having anyone to go to or watch movies with and not having anyone to discuss the films with after watching. Wondering if anyone is interested in virtually watching movies together either at the same time or within the a relatively close time period. I know there is a "what are you watching" thread, but I'm suggesting more than just posting what you are watching and moving on. There actually happens to be a few movies I want to see at the moment here are a few:

Silver Linings Playbook
Enemy
The Hundred Foot Journey
Chef
Dear White People
My Old Lady
St. Vincent
Whiplash
Birdman
Still Alice
Her
The Imitation Game
Two Days, One Night
Wild

I would watch these:
The Theory of Everything
Listen Up Philip
Noah
Words and Pictures
The Fault in our Stars
Into the Storm
Calvary
Men, Women and Children
Gone Girl
Grand Budapest Hotel

If you're not interested in anything here feel free to post your list and find a movie buddy.

Exasperated,

I've already seen St. Vincent, Wild, Still Alice, Gone Girl, and The Fault in Our Stars. I'd be happy to discuss those films with you, and any of the others (as long as I can watch the others on YouTube or Hulu).

Let me know what you think!

What did you think of Wild?
Im concerned it might be formulaic and/ or Eat,Pray Love-chick lit-ish.

Ugh, "Eat, Pray, Love" was horrendous, and it seemed to meander on forever. "Wild" was grittier than "EPL". It's been a while since I've seen "EPL", but I just remember thinking "Get over yourselves, people!" I didn't feel that way with "Wild", I actually had more sympathy for the main character/real-life woman. Some of the stream-of-consciousness/flashback stuff was confusing, annoying, and unnecessary, but, overall, I liked the film. I don't want to say too much about it, since you haven't seen it. Any plans to see it soon?

On a side note, I've always secretly wanted to do something similar, i.e. taking a huge hike like Reese did in "Wild" (but I'd rather hike the Appalachian Trail). The only things stopping me are fear, being out of shape, lack of time and money...hmmm. I guess those things didn't stop Cheryl Strayed, but she probably felt she had nothing left to lose at that point in her life.

Sounds like it's worth watching. Not sure if it's on dvd yet. I always just wanted to take off and leave everything behind for good without telling anyone and just start over. Kind of like at the end of Ghost World.

Just watched Silver Linings Playbook. Didn't care for it, didn't realized it was a love story, but I guess most movies have to always squeeze that in. For once I'd like to watch a movie that doesn't involve some love story at all.

This is a fab idea. I won't be joining due to access and timing reasons, but will enjoy following, for when I can see these films.

exasperated, sign me up. I used to be an avid movie-goer, I'd go every Friday night with my best friend, and even if the film was awful we could still make each other laugh with our observations of characters/plots/pacing or lack thereof. When the friendship ended so did that little tradition so I would really love to reconnect with it, maybe make a few friends at the same time. :)

Well.. i've seen Noah.. pretty good..
I am pretty bad at remembering names of movies.. I only remember em only by the plot or favorite cut scenes.. weird ah? :p
anyway..
I wanna watch Men in Black.. a friend told me it was nice.. anyone on board watched it?

"Wild" is supposed to come out on DVD on March 31st.

"Ghost World" is another great film. I really should see it again, I only saw it when it was in the theater years ago. I love the humor. And I know what you mean about the ending.

I haven't seen "Silver Linings Playbook". I'm not a huge Bradley Cooper fan, although I did just see him in "American Sniper", which was just OK. You're right about most movies always having to squeeze a love story in there somewhere. Songs are like that, too. Listening to the radio can get kind of depressing.

I saw Men in Black a long time ago. It was watchable for a commercial movie.

Ghost World is one of my all time favorites, along with Little Miss Sunshine. Away We Go is probably my all time favorite. I'm waiting impatiently for my Burt Farlander. That is the relationship I want. Also love the soundtrack.

I'm planning to watch Dear White People tomorrow night.

Had to post the trailer after watching it again. I adore this movie. Funny as I'm staunchly child free.

[video=youtube]

The Grand Budapest Hotel is a masterpiece. Can't say in words how much I adore that flick.

Also, if there's one movie I'd want to recommend to people, it's I Heart Huckabees. It's fun and informational in a real warm and fuzzy kinda way. Love it.

[video=youtube]

Latest posts

Back