Dying friend.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiina63

Reaction score
I wrote a while back about a member of our Aspergers group who was in hospital. He was readmitted to hospital yesterday and has only a short time to live. It is so sad. He is such a nice person but his life has been full of being bullied, treated like rubbish at work, loneliness and pain. Although life is not fair, it seems that to some people it is less fair than it is too others and he has had more than his share of burdens to carry. I will miss him very much.
I have just now had a phone call to say that he has died. Like me he has no family, but our group will always remember him.

Tiina63 said:
I wrote a while back about a member of our Aspergers group who was in hospital. He was readmitted to hospital yesterday and has only a short time to live. It is so sad. He is such a nice person but his life has been full of being bullied, treated like rubbish at work, loneliness and pain. Although life is not fair, it seems that to some people it is less fair than it is too others and he has had more than his share of burdens to carry. I will miss him very much.
I have just now had a phone call to say that he has died. Like me he has no family, but our group will always remember him.

I am sorry to hear about your very sad news !
Take Care.

I think I remember an earlier thread on the topic. I'm glad you two had the time you did. Friends can be a family of sorts.

Thank you all for your support. He will be missed by our group so much. Maybe at times, like me, he thought that no one would notice if he wasn't here, but this is not true. He made such an impact on us and on our lives. One of the group said to me on the phone that he was proud to have known him, and I feel the same way.

Tiina, I am so sorry to hear that, you must be very sad… :(
I guess we never know what impact we have on others

Tiina63 said:

Im sorry for your loss, if you need somebody to talk with im here. Hope youll be okay.

Thank you Peaches and Shadetree.
Tomorrow it will be our first group meeting since our loss and it will be so helpful for us all to remember him together. We have all suffered the same loss. I think that he would have been so moved to know that he is being remembered with so much respect, affection and pride.
I am also going to check the local newspaper every evening to find out when the funeral will be. As he had no family, none of us know who his next of kin is so we don't know who to contact about this.

Thank you Sophia Grace and Mr Seal the Albatross.
I will come back here either later today or tomorrow after the group meeting this afternoon.

Tina,nobody fully passes on to the next World,as long as there is someone here who remember's the one who has passed away,and have memories of them. There is alway's a spark of them left behind,in the fond memories that people have of them.

Hi, I went to the group this afternoon and we all talked about our friend and how much we missed him.
Gabriel-I agree with you, that as long as there is someone here who remembers them, noone fully passes on. We will always remember our friend.
Wolfsjr-we were really sad but we did have some laughs as well over happy memories.
Thank you for your condolences Arachne.

I am very sorry for your loss and only wished I could have come here sooner. My heart goes out to you.

I don't know if this could help, but in your dear friend's memory could you plant a tree or honour him in some way with a memorial that is fitting?

My young foster daughter did something similar. She put things that were special to her friend's memory into a box, even wrote her a personal letter expressing her feelings, thanking her loved one for being part of her life. Maybe you could do something similar to help ease your pain.

You are welcome to write to me any time.

Anna Mouse

I will mention your ideas to the group when we next meet-planting a tree would be a lovely thing to do. Thank you for such a good suggestion.

Latest posts

Back