I need something badly, but dont know what

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
Still the feeling of loneliness eats me away... Second thing, I want to do something that really matters, something great, before I die. But I can see that those who do not want to do that appear more successful.
Another problem is, I am still not finding myself happy from the inside. Feel like, I need something but dont know what.

A lot of motivation here, but still cant figure out, what my prblem is.
I want to change my life. Have people in my life who have me as a part of their life. I want to be satisfied, but dont know how. I dont know what I want..... I am totally confused...

You want to do something great with your life? Help others.

You won't "appear successful" in terms of having visible wealth, like cars or holidays, but to the people you help, you'll be the kindest, bravest soul they'll ever meet.

This is not an exhaustive list - there are lots of things you can do.

Give blood - no brainer, they need it, you've got it.
Register as a stem-cell/bone marrow donor: You may literally save the life of someone with Leukemia who is a match. It could be the difference between life and death for a child. Do it now.
Give your time: Collecting for charity, work in a soup kitchen, the Samaritan's switchboard, even just giving a sandwich and a hot drink to a homeless person. You will be the greatest person they've ever known.
Write: A short story you might fancy writing about might become the next Harry Potter, giving joy to millions of people. Long shot but it's a very rewarding pastime.
Learn: Anything from sport, sign language, music, art, acting, cookery....the list is endless.

and so on.

Give your heart to life and it'll repay in dividends - not necessarily in terms of wealth or "success" as you see it but the loneliness will take care of itself once you find yourself living a fulfilling life - hell, you never know who you'll meet while doing this work.

Good luck.

I think this feeling is part of the human condition, to tell you the truth.

Everyone feels like this at some time or another, although it is more intense at certain times. Teenage years certainly, but later in a " mid life," crisis way, when all the things one has done seem either not enough, or pointless.

Doing some big thing, something amazing seems like it might make everything feel worthwhile, but there are a lot of famous, rich, or driven people out there who would tell you it isn't so. The drug overdoses, suicides and risky behaviours of a lot of people who seem to have it all kind of shows that..

Just living, being kind to people, trying your best, doing small things, little good things.. I think the cumulative effect of all this is what makes a good, satisfying life. Like individual bricks in a sturdy, well crafted wall.

It might not start big, but it gets there over time.

I can relate to this have that feeling i want people to be close to me like every time specially girls i acquaint with i want to be close with them i want a life!! for me my only solution to happines is confidence
I really can tell bcoz i can see the before and after when i was very gloomy and quiet. right now im still on the process of attaining fulfilment in my life
Im curious about you mate..i do wish you the best and happiness

Start with the little things you can do to make a difference. H3donist had several great ideas. Figure out from those which ones give you the most satisfaction and build on them. Our local Red Cross will send out an email when your donated blood is used and what it was used for so you can see the difference it makes.

Remember, appearances can be deceiving. I agree with jaguarundi, there are lots of rich & famous people who have all sorts of drug, alcohol, and depression issues. Money and fame doesn't guarantee the happiness. What you feel about you on the inside does.

Latest posts

Back