Virus issues! Yippee...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Seal The Albatros

Reaction score
So it turns out my laptop has been infected with a Trojan virus. It's been quarantined (thank god) and identified[/font], but I kind of want to get rid of it. Anyone know how? I use an anti virus software called Comodo.

I use Comodo myself. I think there's actually a very simple option to remove a quarantined virus if you check the "Quarantine" section in the Command Center (or whatever the Comodo interface is called).

The virus should be displayed in a list (with its path) where you can just right-click on it and delete it. I know it sounds a bit too simple...but I read into it and it's actually supposed to be done that way. Once in quarantine, the file no longer poses a danger to your system and should be removable without any problems.

A lot of web helpers recommend running the free version of Malwarebytes as a standalone scan after a virus infection. Also TDSSKiller , by Kaspersky, can attempt to remove hidden rootkits.
http://www.malwarebytes.org
http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/TDSSKiller

I haven't had a major infection for years now. I run these two scans every now and again and clear out the odd rogue cookie. I use AVG Free for the real time protection. I think if I did get a serious infection, I'd at least want to do a System Restore to get back to a snapshot of the windows registry before the infection took place. Apologies if I'm being basic, but System Restore is normally found in Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Sometimes it's better to run it in Safe Mode (drum tap on the F8 key when booting up the PC to get the Safe Mode option), and don't rewind the clock too far back (2 weeks or so should be OK). You *shouldn't* lose any data with a System Restore, but always have a good backup!

The Malwarebytes professional version is one of the must-have softwares I can think of for anyone. It's helpful and pays for itself.

Most antivirus software give you the option of deleting a virus it's quarantined. To be on the safe side, restart your computer to ensure safety.

Latest posts

Back