Am I the only one who feels ghastly first thing in the morning?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mouse

Okay, I need food pretty quick as I'm diabetic and a nice cuppa tea is always refreshing, but I do pain and that gets me down when having to wait for the painkillers to click in. Feeling anxious for no particular reason I don't talk much, sometimes feeling a bit sick.. but it takes what feels like ages before I'm feeling chatty.

Night time and I'm fine. Happy mouse, but morning times it's always blah.

for what I understand there can be different causes:
a) you don't sleep enough so your body is still traumatized from waking up and takes a while to get it going
b) you smoke or eat sugar/processed food or have a lot of chemicals in the water/in food/in medication or have other habits that might create intoxication in the body
c) you are simply not a morning person :D not everyone is, nothing wrong with that

I have to wake up at 5:30 for work on the weekdays. I've found that the only things that help me are getting more sleep, and a cold shower. Or maybe there a demon spirits in your body trying to keep you down. I'm not sure how to get rid of those yet.

kamya said:
I have to wake up at 5:30 for work on the weekdays. I've found that the only things that help me are getting more sleep, and a cold shower. Or maybe there a demon spirits in your body trying to keep you down. I'm not sure how to get rid of those yet.

A stiff morning coffee kills the demon spirits. Well known for it..

Well, I don't smoke and being diabetic that is the last thing I should do. I used to smoke, but it got too expensive. I can't consume sugar, or much of it. I usually use Candarel Yellow sweetener, have about a thousand sticks of the stuff. :)

My waking drink has always been tea. At breakfast time an espresso, maximum 2. Traditionally, coffee is served as 'Elevensies'.

In the evening before bedtime I'll enjoy a wallow in a nice warm bath. So I think my recent insomnia is cause for my feeling ghastly in the morning because my cicadian cycle is out of sync. I have a light box to deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder which was very effective last winter, so I think I'll start using it again. See how I get on.

Never have been a mornin' person even when going to bed at a reasonable weekday hour: 11pm at the very latest.

Many interesting replies. I'll give it more thought, so thanks very much everyone. :)

Well, espresso certainly chases away those 'demon spirits'. Coffee, even matcha is such wonderful jump start. :)

Try drinking a bottle of water before bed and another when you wake up. It sounds simple, but hydration is very important.

Blue Bob said:
Try drinking a bottle of water before bed and another when you wake up. It sounds simple, but hydration is very important.

Hey - last night I drank a small .75l bottle of evian and though had a pee visit at flipping 5 AM, actually feel much better this morning. Thanks for that.

+1/sunday reppage :)

Blue Bob said:
I'm glad it helped :)

Yes, you did help lots. :)

SophiaGrace said:
Yay! Glad you feel better :D

Having slept like a piglet I feel less "ghastly" this morning, but now I have to wait for my pain meds to start working. I've eaten just a light breakfast and that was lovely, so here's to greeting Monday mornin' with a smile. Instead of a scowl. :p

want to hear something, Mouse? Talk to me before going to sleep. I'm sure you will wake up feeling refreshed :D

PenDragon said:
want to hear something, Mouse? Talk to me before going to sleep. I'm sure you will wake up feeling refreshed :D

Your comment above is meaningless.

I would if our time zones were more aligned. By the time I've woken and coping with body pain and trying to swallow breakfast, you are getting your head down for an afternoon nap. Likewise my evenings, and you're in The Land of Nod.

I lost my connection with you long ago.

Well, I can't beat the Earth clock. It's true there is big time difference and there is nothing we could do about it.

Sorry that you have lost connection with me long ago but I always thought It was never lost just was shinning little less than normally it used to be.

PenDragon said:
Well, I can't beat the Earth clock. It's true there is big time difference and there is nothing we could do about it.

Sorry that you have lost connection with me long ago but I always thought It was never lost just was shinning little less than normally it used to be.

I think in fairness to the both of us, Pen, you and I can amicably agree on this one quote, which, I find very touching.

You know I always searched for other me in this world, but I had never thought I would find myself in a 12 years old girl named, Juni.
~Al

Though we agree to differ, I remain your friend and will never push you away.

Best,
Anna

- - -

Would a moderator please close this topic of mine.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back