First post

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turtlez

Reaction score
Hello A Lonely Life Forum dwellers..

I'm hoping to learn some ways to cope with feeling lonely, and maybe make some friends along the way.. I've struggled with depression and anxiety for a long time, but I feel like I have made a lot of progress in recent years.

I'm 21, but don't enjoy clubbing or the night life very much.. This seems to be the only interest in people my age where I live, so I don't go out much or get to meet new people. I have a few friends that I'm comfortable with, and I'm content with not being the most popular guy in the world.

What I'm struggling with is coming to terms with a bad heart break from a few years ago.. We never ended up dating, I just fell in love with a girl who was more so just stringing me along, a plan B.. Very convincingly in my defense.. This has happened to me quite a few times already in the past, but this one really stung because I had actually fallen in love with her by the time I found out. I guess I got to learn the difference between just liking some one and loving some one, but I'm not sure how to take the final steps in moving on. I'm not going to go into too much detail here since this is my first post and its already getting pretty long.. Gotta save something for post #2 :cool:

Any experience, advice, comments, suggestions would be appreciated. I'm open to conversation with anyone going through anything similar, or if you just want to ask me some questions feel free. Look forward to gaining some insight and giving some when I can!

Latest posts

Back