I don't think the loneliest person on earth would join here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

differentlonelygirl

Reaction score
Just a thought.

Maybe some seen as a monster or creep would join. Someone with a rare disease, but I don't know man who's the lloneliest. I consider myself alone and know I am. Who would be the actually loneliest in this world......

I do wonder
I wonder this often. It matters to me.

Loneliness isn't a contest. It can't be measured like you measure other things because it's a feeling. What may be lonely to some people may not be lonely to others. The person who hasn't talked to anyone in a year isn't necessarily more lonely than the person who had a party yesterday, IMO So, finding the loneliest person is likely not possible.

As for who would join here. A lot of great people have joined here and a lot of them are very lonely. There are people from all walks of life here, so you can't know who would and wouldn't join.

differentlonelygirl said:
Just a thought.

Maybe some seen as a monster or creep would join. Someone with a rare disease, but I don't know man who's the lloneliest. I consider myself alone and know I am. Who would be the actually loneliest in this world......

I do wonder

This sounds slightly like the post of someone who has been self medicating.

If not, it does seem rather insulting of the people on ALL, although perhaps it wasn't meant that way? I do hope so. Maybe everyone who is lonely, is lonely in their own way. Maybe everyone who is depressed thinks that its only them who suffers.

In the end, thinking or feeling its only you and that no one understands can look like a rather childish way of saying "me me Me ME ME!!!!!"

Lots of people on ALL understand, have been there and would help. If you let them.

So let them. It's that simple.

You'd be surprised at how many people feel as if they are monsters inside.

As for loneliest, I guess there'd have to be a psychometric scale for that in order to determine it.

Seeing to how this is the second thread I've read from you saying things that would make anyone believe you don't like it here, I'll just set my offer out on the table again. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to PM me any time.

VanillaCreme said:
Seeing to how this is the second thread I've read from you saying things that would make anyone believe you don't like it here, I'll just set my offer out on the table again. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to PM me any time.

... I guess people can't be honest about how they feel. I probably would not join if I didn't like it. I like talking to people, I was expressing something others can possibly relate to. My senses already told me you're going to end up responding to it.

SophiaGrace said:

You'd be surprised at how many people feel as if they are monsters inside.

As for loneliest, I guess there'd have to be a psychometric scale for that in order to determine it.

Thanks.

jaguarundi said:
Just a thought.

I do wonder

This sounds slightly like the post of someone who has been self medicating.

If not, it does seem rather insulting of the people on ALL, although perhaps it wasn't meant that way? I do hope so. Maybe everyone who is lonely, is lonely in their own way. Maybe everyone who is depressed thinks that its only them who suffers.

In the end, thinking or feeling its only you and that no one understands can look like a rather childish way of saying "me me Me ME ME!!!!!"

Lots of people on ALL understand, have been there and would help. If you let them.

So let them. It's that simple.

You come off as not understanding others who actually feel loneliest and might have pondered a question.

You did not respond to topic. Or even understand my point and were actually pretty rude.

Well there that is people don't understand and never even try because only the majority makes sense. When the loneliest of people are in small numbers. This is why I don't enjoy the idea of forums
forums. Never said I hate them. I came here for someone to understand but actually they're not even going to attempt to. I'm leaving this forum because no one would be kind or understanding. The whole reason why some humans suffer.

When I think of the loneliest person in the world the image of some monk high up in some Tibet monastery where they aren't allowed to talk. Or some man survived from a plane crash and has been alone on a deserted island for the last ten years... In any case the loneliest person on earth is somewhere secluded and therefore has no internet access. So in that case, I think you're right!

Well there that is people don't understand and never even try because only the majority makes sense. When the loneliest of people are in small numbers. This is why I don't enjoy the idea of forums
forums. Never said I hate them. I came here for someone to understand but actually they're not even going to attempt to. I'm leaving this forum because no one would be kind or understanding. The whole reason why some humans suffer.

The majority only makes sense to itself. And while it's to slander the so-called "masses", it won't do any good here. As it has been said before, loneliness is not a contest and it can't be measured on a general scale. Even a hermit might not be lonely by his own standards and therefore have no intention to socialize.

I've seen lots of kind and understanding people around, but it takes patience to get to know another person. And since loneliness is so subjective, you'll have to provide some kind of input as well. You have shared your feelings but what are the circumstances of your life - your history and your present?

There are so many variations of "loneliness" and nobody can read another person's mind to see what's truly going on inside them.

I'm not sure what OP wanted exactly. It is difficult for me to empathize at times and I just thought perhaps some response was better than none.

VanillaCreme said:

... I guess people can't be honest about how they feel. I probably would not join if I didn't like it. I like talking to people, I was expressing something others can possibly relate to. My senses already told me you're going to end up responding to it.

You can certainly be honest. I'm not saying that you shouldn't speak your mind. You have every right to. But is there something in specific you'd like to talk about? No one here can read minds as far as I know. So if you'd like to talk about something, then please, by all means, speak up. There's plenty of people here willing to help and give helpful ideas.

forums. Never said I hate them. I came here for someone to understand but actually they're not even going to attempt to.
I understand that. I'm different, too...
Most people are so preoccupied with themselves and with silly things. I have nothing in common with them. How can I relate to them? How can they relate to me?
This is a problem I've had my entire life.

Everyone seeks to belong somewhere, no exceptions. Let's be very careful with the vocabulary here.. Even the isolated can feel like they belong, that they aren't lonely. That monk at the top of the mountain Isolated, is not lonely if he knows there is another isolated monk on the next mountain. Which is also why people can feel lonely in a group of people. Loneliness is a feeling, not a state. The feeling of common goals, common, beliefs, common values, common views, etc is what we all seek. We seek relationships where we want the same things (not necessarily the same hobbies and interests).

We seek for someone that understands us, when there is someone else like us, we feel less lonely, because we are no longer the only one. Finding that can be tough.

As to the OP "I don't think the loneliest person on earth would join here" is to say that the OP isn't the loneliest person on earth, which is a good thing! Along with Callie.. I agree that loneliness isn't a competition. I believe that some of us attempt to make it a competition so that they are justified in... ranting. You don't need to be justified to rant, just rant. Though make sure that you aren't attacking anyone when you rant (or point your fingers at the wrong sources).

Regumika said:
Everyone seeks to belong somewhere, no exceptions. Let's be very careful with the vocabulary here.. Even the isolated can feel like they belong, that they aren't lonely. That monk at the top of the mountain Isolated, is not lonely if he knows there is another isolated monk on the next mountain. Which is also why people can feel lonely in a group of people. Loneliness is a feeling, not a state. The feeling of common goals, common, beliefs, common values, common views, etc is what we all seek. We seek relationships where we want the same things (not necessarily the same hobbies and interests).

We seek for someone that understands us, when there is someone else like us, we feel less lonely, because we are no longer the only one. Finding that can be tough.

As to the OP "I don't think the loneliest person on earth would join here" is to say that the OP isn't the loneliest person on earth, which is a good thing! Along with Callie.. I agree that loneliness isn't a competition. I believe that some of us attempt to make it a competition so that they are justified in... ranting. You don't need to be justified to rant, just rant. Though make sure that you aren't attacking anyone when you rant (or point your fingers at the wrong sources).

I don't understand you.

Well it's more like I don't know if I'm loneliest and I'm on the edge. I live with a disease, pretty much, and am one of two people this way. You and others don't understand me... Or even atleast try to understand the topic so I'm not bothering.

Despicable Me said:
forums. Never said I hate them. I came here for someone to understand but actually they're not even going to attempt to.
I understand that. I'm different, too...
Most people are so preoccupied with themselves and with silly things. I have nothing in common with them. How can I relate to them? How can they relate to me?
This is a problem I've had my entire life.

Mine is like that too.. But I don't know you so I can't even begin to believe someone relates to me

I don't understand you.

As you can see, I can easily say that you don't understand me, therefore I'm lonely and that I'm not going to bother explaining something you're not going to understand. See what I did there? That is exactly what you are saying to everyone else.

We get the point though, no one understands you. So... now what? What are you going to do about it?

Regumika said:
I don't understand you.

As you can see, I can easily say that you don't understand me, therefore I'm lonely and that I'm not going to bother explaining something you're not going to understand. See what I did there? That is exactly what you are saying to everyone else.

We get the point though, no one understands you. So... now what? What are you going to do about it?

If you're going to copy my reply copy the whole thing before leaving a bunch of commentary. Ok?

If you're going to copy my reply copy the whole thing before leaving a bunch of commentary. Ok?

There wasn't anything else relevant to quote... My post was explaining why loneliness even exist. Your "reason for loneliness" is a disease. What is it? You're one of two people that have it. But I (and many others still don't understand because you're speaking in riddles/poems.) If your were purposely writing things as riddles in hopes that someone who understands will solve it, then stop ridiculing people that aren't getting it with your jabbing remarks like "you don't understand, I'm not going to bother." Do yourself and the rest of us a favor and clearly state that you're just waiting for that one (or two or three?) person/people to understand you and to just ignore you if we don't understand.

Oh, and don't post about how we don't give you attention (the favoritism?) because... you deny all those attention (as seen with all the replies to this thread.) Afterall, none of us understands you.

Mine is like that too.. But I don't know you so I can't even begin to believe someone relates to me
You think I'm lying then? That's fine. I'm used to that. To be honest, I can't really believe you entirely either.

I surely don't know in what way you are "different" and perhaps I can't relate to your specific circumstances but I do know what it's like to be generally different.

I genuinely seem to think differently than everyone else. Everyone else so preoccupied with personal problems, capitalist-politics, religion, TV shows, celebrities, cars, money, etc. Why do people even care about these things!? There are bigger problems in the world and I'm the only one who even seems to notice them or actually care. So talking to people seems to be pointless. They talk about these silly meaningless things. They want to chit-chat their lives away, as if those things really made them happy. But I see through people so easily, they carry on with fake-smiles while rotting away inside. Not because of the bigger problems in the world but because they seem genuinely lost in this world of lostness, and I seem to be the only person who sees a clear path, but everyone avoids it and doesn't listen or understand... Even the people who supposedly share some similar interests don't get me. So what's the point? And that's just the top of the iceberg, as they say.
Basically I feel like I'm a foreigner to the world, an alien. I have so little in common with every other human being I've ever met that it is almost frightening that I even exist.

Though I certainly don't hate people, nor do I not understand why they do what they do. It just seems that I was born 'different'. It's hard to put into words.
However, no matter how I feel about other people they tend to dislike or hate me if they know me. So everyday I put on a 'mask'. No one really knows who I really am and I don't think anyone actually wants to know.

Is that how you feel? Maybe you're right that we don't relate... That would be nothing new for me.

And I apologize if anyone reads that as I think anyone is 'dumb' or whatever. If that's how you read it then go ahead, it's not the first time someone would misunderstand everything I say.

Why do you say that the loneliest person would not join here? Is it because you are hoping for more back and forth dialogue when you post on various threads? More interest and questions posed to you, older members reaching out to newer ones, etc? Sometimes people only read the initial post and the last entry to the thread or don't say anything about other posters replies. Can it make one that posted a thoughtful reply that shared things about oneself feel like they are talking to themselves? Of course it can. I think everyone has done this at one time or another without meaning to slight anyone. If people routinely don't engage others past each posting their say on a topic I think it can diminish the depth of the thread, in my opinion.

You obviously feel very frustrated and want someone to understand and provide comfort and caring. I get that very well, I really know that feeling. And being without it. But it would be better if you shared more about yourself, a little history (whatever you are comfortable with) and what has led you to feel so very lonely and sad. From that folks can understand you better and relate better to you and hopefully try to help you feel less alone and improve life in a small way. People do get more by asking for advice and understanding in a more friendly respectful way. It's true ya catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I hope you don't leave the forum. Take my suggestion and give it more time.

DespicableMe, You are right about the masses, they are sheep easily led. Dumbed down to believe almost anything. There are some folks that beat to a different drummer, I'm one of them, but those not interested in the extreme superficial world we live in are getting more rare to find. Talking to the selfish type is useless, but take a look at the online petition sites for instance, many for animal causes, these folks are not like that. There are still many that care about others and deeper issues in this country and world.

There are many forms of loneliness; it's a passive state. If we give in to loneliness it can totally engulf us, making us sink down sometimes into depression and helplessness. But if we can work hard to rise above it, we might find ourselves writing in a diary, or writing an imaginary letter to a friend or relative, or drawing or painting a picture. Or even making up a song, or doing anything else that lets us begin to express the feelings we have inside us. And this includes talking to other people who are in the same hard place.

If we can go further, then finding a new activity or hobby can enrichen our lives and we can meet others who are the same situation. Everyone, at some time in their lives will experience loneliness.

Since my partner abandoned me and my toddlers and older charge, a sensitive 12 year old, I found a better strategy is for us to get involved in something that I knew I've enjoyed in the past and her also, and that we actually found it to be fun. So what did I do? I joined a cookery class and took my young girl along so she can enjoy it, too. For me, this was a very positive way forward and I am enjoying what 'Toaster Pig' (her nickname) and I are learning, and being with people who genuinely enjoy the same things.

From this, the greatest thing of all, is, that given time we may also find out that some people like us for the way we already are. :)

Latest posts

Back