Tell some exciting things that have happened in your lonely life.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
I'm not being sarcastic.

What's the purpose of the reputation system anyway?

AnonymousMe said:
I'm not being sarcastic.

What's the purpose of the reputation system anyway?

You like someone's post, the way they write and the sincerity and helpfulness of them. And that's why the rep system was introduced, and jolly good it is, too. :)

Nothing exciting happened to me today, bar dashing for the last loaf of bread and grabbing it before being scowled at by a stout woman in an ill-fitting pantsuit.

Don't know, is golf exciting to anyone else ?

In January I went to the coast and they were doing this filming of this TV show called 'The Syndicate'
So I walked down this street while they were filming, The cameras were hidden. I think I did a realistic walk because it was freezing. I am going to watch the show when it comes out to see if I'm in it. Told everybody at work and they all thought it was funny.

I had coffee with a real-life Libertarian who was apparently a bigshot politician back in Texas, and went to a music festival where I sat on the hood of a car in the middle of the night and talked about the universe. Watched two younger cousins and a niece grow up so far.

• I was the weekly newscaster for a local TV station over the course of six months.
• I had a bike accident and broke my collar bone on a desolate side road and only got into the hospital quickly because of some strangers taking a walk there on that particular evening.
• On the last regular school day when all our classmates we're dressed colorfully, had dyed their hair and covered the school in confetti, a buddy of mine and I wore gas masks and army jackets instead and cleaned the hallways afterwards...while that's not awfully exciting, it was quite amusing for us at least.

I was on a 10 day trek through the Outback in Australia. One evening we had setup camp in the salt flats near Lake Eyre when an enormous electrical storm whipped up. I've never seen anything like it - stormy winds, the whole desert lit blue and white by the lightning. Soon the rains came and while the others dived into their tents, something inside me made me keep walking out into the darkness. I could feel the shocks of electric heat raging against my face, the rain stinging my eyes and the thunder roared above my head - nature's full fury with me right in the middle of it. I never felt more alive and free than I did during that moment.

Wow, so many stories here, and here I was thinking that replies were going to be mostly about small stuff, like getting thrilled for getting a new TV or something.

Keep them coming! I want to know more about you all.

Breaking in to the local swimming hole and going skinny dipping with friends is about all I have. That was a long time ago, though.
There's a few other things, but they aren't forum friendly and again, a long time ago.

Oh, the other night, I made tea and ended up with a flavor I didn't want, but I drank it anyway.
th_xat-ohmy.gif

Meh. I could tell you literally hundreds of exciting things, but the problem is that they all involve either:

A. Drugs
B. Alcohol
C. Sex
D. Crime
E. All of the above

Although I usually have a very TMI attitude about me, I'm trying to be a little more conservative these days. That leaves me with a bunch of boring garbage...

I suppose the most exciting thing other than those is that I married someone off the Internet and we moved in together on the first day we met.

I once wheelied a motorcycle across a main road and I had to flip the bike intentionally to avoid crashing into the side of a mini.

See... boring.

h3donist said:
I won a lap dance in a raffle once. Gave the prize away as I was too embarrassed ;)

Awwwww

Met awesome people on here and Skyped all night it seemed like.

Travelled all over the midwest with my dog.

Moved, a lot, got a career.

I canceled some of the more rock'n'roll things, involving sex in churches and reckless driving in Ferraris…

randomly: on the last year of high school I organized a big theme party with psychedelic music, lights, 60ies clothes etc (no drugs) and fancy food of weird colors (blue, purple, green) only that I OD on the food coloring and apparently that had toxic effects so that many started experiencing head spinning and weird sensorial effects, talk about psychedelia.

Several years ago: the one-time projection of the film Napoleon by Abel Gance on a triple screen, only the third projection of that movie in a cinema since 1929, in a 1930ies setting, with a bunch of film archivists, film scholars and random nerds who were all chocking with excitement.

Napoleon-fix-11-680.jpg

triptych-on-screen-3.jpg

Napoleon-fix-12-680.jpg

on another note: the day I woke up and I was feeling OK and I could walk after 5 years of pain…

Not sure that I do " exciting" by some standards anyway.

But I have been inside an Egyptian pyramid,learned how to do the circus trick of fire-eating, and completed an army assault course (for charity) and seen a solar eclipse. All quite some time ago.

Well! Thanks a lot for the answers everyone, you're all quite the adventurers! :)

I was going to share something, but it pales in comparison to your stories, so I'll just stay quiet. :p

I once won a pitcher of beer for friends and myself at a bar because I entered a lip syncing contest and knew all the words to "It's the End of The world" by R.E.M I was the only one in the whole place that knew it all!

silly i know....

AnonymousMe said:
Well! Thanks a lot for the answers everyone, you're all quite the adventurers! :)

I was going to share something, but it pales in comparison to your stories, so I'll just stay quiet. :p

Please share. My experiences were life highlights. More recently, I was excited because they had some trainers ( sneakers in the US I believe ?) That fit really well, are great for walking my dog, in shades of red and pink, for only 14.99€......

So share!!! Go on!

Latest posts

Back