Cruising with Mouse

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mouse

I've been doing cruises for years, and some of these ships are massive. This is the Azura, about half the size of Royal Caribbean's biggy.

CHRISTMASCRUISE2012026.jpg

We spent Christmas cruising. For busy mums with kids, these holidays are wonderful. No cooking - and that means pigging great breakfasts with dining any time. And no washing up afterwards. :D

CHRISTMASCRUISE2012053-1.jpg

No worries about getting done drink-driving next day means I could get tanked when the kids are cared for by the ship's creche. Nice bars, too.

CHRISTMASCRUISE2012065-1.jpg

Our cabin steward worked hard to keep our cabin cleaned and prisine every day, and in the evening would leave us an elephant. :)

CHRISTMASCRUISE2012045.jpg

Our ports of call could be anywhere: Spain, Italy, Portugal and we would visit towns and markets and buy really fresh fruit, or whatever. We stopped off at Corsica.

corsicamarket5.jpg

While another visit was Rome. The is the Complesso. Awesome, isn't it?

ComplessoatRome.jpg

To be continued. . . . .if possible

Lovely to get away and watch the world go by.

sparklesonseawater.jpg

Some these cruise ships are so massive that they even have malls.

independenceoftheseas1.jpg

Plenty of shops to buy from, often with big discounts.

independenceoftheseas5.jpg

I just couldn't get over the fact we were at sea!

independenceoftheseas6.jpg

Sailing up the Grand Canal on a misty morning at 7 AM.

Gannetscruisepicsapriltomay2012015.jpg

Gannetscruisepicsapriltomay2012019.jpg

Venice was amazing

venice5buildings.jpg

Gannetscruisepicsapriltomay2012028.jpg

Since last year all cruise ships have been banned from sailing up the Grand Canal. Kind of makes these pictures special.

Gannetscruisepicsapriltomay2012104.jpg

Onboard P&O's Aurora, early morning before everyone was up.

aurora-swim-deck.jpg

aurora-swim-deck-2.jpg

MMMMM bacon and eggs! Ima breakfast gurl. :p

Breakfast-gurl.jpg

We visited Lisbon in Portugal and the ship went under this bridge. The bridge emitted a howl which we were told was a combination of wind and traffic. Still weird, though.

Gannetscruisepicsapriltomay2012129.jpg

Gannetscruisepicsapriltomay2012132.jpg

Day at sea; strange light.

Gannetscruisepicsapriltomay2012138.jpg

And then we came home to find snow. :rolleyes:

P1020355.jpg

Danielle said:
Look Like an amazing trip! Wish i could go on one! Thanks for sharing!

Check out Royal Caribbean for flight-cruise deals. We go through iglucruises.com for some great discounts. ... That two week cruise with a balcony cost £1200 including food. We visited 10 ports across the Med. Ocassionally you come up against a squall or sea swells, but these massive ships hae stabilizers and you hardly feel seasick. My kids and younger sisters had a great time. Royal Caribbean look after them (varying age groups) while we parents can chillax. It's good value and I tell you what, 14 nights at sea goes so slow that it feels more like a month.

We're booking up for a holiday this June. I can't wait! :)

I have never cruised before it looks lovely. While I have been to a few of the places you mentioned it was by air and coach. I am thinking it is time to try this cruising. Who knows perhaps it could turn into the love boat for me. One can be optimistic ^.^ Here in Vancouver we have a huge cruise ship terminal which caters mostly to the Alaska crowd which is where I would love to go. Mouse thank you for sharing your lovely pictures and making me feel more at ease about taking one. Bright Blessings ^.^

I went on a cruise around the Greek islands and to Athens many years ago. I saw a lot of wonderful sights, but the boat was nothing like the size of that one! Amazing.

Awww thanks everyone. I hope some day you will go on a cruise. It's worth saving up for, and getting to see countries you've never visited is nothing short of amazing. Those pictures were shot on a Canon G10, an old digital camera, but very good. And probably very cheap by now.

When you board these ships, that is when you realise just how enormous they really are. I mean. . .. there's big, and then there is BIG. xD

Somewhere I have a lot more pics. I'll look them out to share. Again, thank you so much for your replies. :)

I went on a cruise once. Of course that was the only time I was sick. So I didn't enjoy it much.

wolvesjr said:
Looks like an amazing trip! Taking a cruise is something I've always wanted to do but have not had the chance to yet

We pay cut price, but forfeit our onboard spend. Still, iglucruises.com can provide excellent deals. If you are a single guest you may have to pay a suppliment and this will be expensive, the price of a person. My advice is to take a friend and then you won't have to pay this extortionate suppliment. But enquire anyway. There is an excellent forum called cruise critic.com that could help you further.

Latest posts

Back