Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone here see or talk to ghosts? Do you believe in the paranormal?
My people have belief in many spirits, that’s why I routinely give my house tribal blessings.
We could be heroes, me and you...
I saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it. I realize that it isn't about ghosts but since people have argued here that there is no evidence for the supernatural, this should represent a pretty strong rebuttal:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/...ed-science

"In my view, the evidence for psi is already very convincing. In recent years, a series of studies showing significant results from psi phenomena have been published in a whole range of major psychology journals (1). A number of comprehensive overviews of the evidence have also been published (2). Most notably, last year American Psychologist carried an article by Professor Etzel Cardeña entitled “The experimental evidence for parapsychological phenomena: A Review.” Cardeña showed clearly that the evidence for phenomena like telepathy, precognition and clairvoyance has proven so significant and consistent over a massive range of difference experiments that it cannot simply be explained away in terms of fraud, the “file drawer” effect (when researchers don’t bother to publish negative results) or poor methodology. Cardeña also showed that there is no reason at all to take the view that these phenomena break the laws of science, science they are compatible with many of the theories and findings of quantum physics (which is why many quantum physicists have been open to their existence.)

I don’t have space to include many specific examples of evidence here, but here are a couple. A meta-analysis of more than three thousand Ganzfeld trials that took place from 1974 to 2004 had a combined ‘hit rate’ of 32 per cent. A seven percent higher than chance rate may not seem so impressive, but over such a large number of experiments, this equates to odds of thousands of trillions to one—and a figure far too significant to explained in terms of the file drawer effect (3). In addition, in Ganzfeld experiments that have been undertaken with creative people, there has been a significantly higher than normal rate of success. In 128 Ganzfeld sessions with artistically gifted students at the University of Edinburgh, a 47% success rate was obtained, with odds of 140 million to one. (4). Similarly, in a session with undergraduates from the Juilliard school of performing arts, the students achieved a hit rate of 50%. (5) Another study primarily with musicians had a 41% success rate (6). (These findings are very interesting because they clearly indicate a link between creativity and psi ability.)

It is not surprising that, as the statistician Jessica Utts has stated, “using the standards applied to any other area of science, it is concluded that psychic functioning has been well-established” (7). Even the prominent skeptic Ray Hyman admitted at an earlier stage in his career that the research findings on psi “do seem to indicate that something bend odd statistical hiccups is taking place. I also have to admit that I do not have ready explanation for these observed effects.” (8)."
Ghost are real just dont be afraid of them and they leave you in peace
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.
Ghosts are not real. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something.
[Image: giphy.gif]
^^Anyone who claims that is just trying to "sell" their own agenda.

People who believe in ghosts aren't hurting anyone, just the same as people who believe in God or Santa Claus.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]
(03-07-2019, 09:11 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: ^^Anyone who claims that is just trying to "sell" their own agenda.

People who believe in ghosts aren't hurting anyone, just the same as people who believe in God or Santa Claus.

Over-generalizing a bit.

As if stating my opinion equates the same level of merchandising (that is clearly and obviously faked, mind you) to the people who want/need to believe it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I believe in the paranormal.
There's just too many anecdotal evidence to not believe in it...
I haven't had an experience myself,  but it's hard to dispute the claims of certain folks who have...
I believe. Never had any experiences though. Family says they have.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can we talk about God but not Religion??? Azariah 46 3,629 11-16-2018, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Azariah
  LET'S TALK ABOUT RELIGION!! CAS 5 1,477 07-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Minus