Sometimes I feel like crying - for no reason at all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mouse

My young family are going through difficulties, so the motherly side of me manifests itself and I comfort our kids. But sometimes, though mostly mornings I start crying, and don't understand why. If I had an answer to this - fine. But I don't.

SophiaGrace said:
Mouse said:
SophiaGrace said:

Yes I did, thanks. Always have a bottle of Evian beside my bed.

It could be a brush with depression, dear. Thanks for that link. Thank you so much :)

I tend to feel low at nights, opposite to you.

I've just come to realise that this down sad feeling I have might be a reflection on my being abandoned. Have had far too much of that, it's so hard to bear. Also I have some body pain every morning and that doesn't help improve my morning dysphoria. Tea helps enormously. Sipping some now, a nice assam, a malty brew.

Thank you so much for comforting me. :)

I dunno I see a reason why you might cry in the morning, you said right off that your family was going through difficulties, and that you comfort your children. Seems to me that when you wake up in the morning it all catches up with you. But I don't know much about you so I'm just kind of going off what your put in your post.

There's always a reason. Is it before the kids wake up? If so, chances are it's a quiet time for you and you think about all the difficulties you are going through and it's a time when you can break down for yourself, even if only for a moment. I think all moms do it, so you're not alone.

Sci-Fi said:
I dunno I see a reason why you might cry in the morning, you said right off that your family was going through difficulties, and that you comfort your children. Seems to me that when you wake up in the morning it all catches up with you. But I don't know much about you so I'm just kind of going off what your put in your post.

Well, yes it could be my family as all are young and questioning, but I also think it could be low blood sugar prior to eating. Eating always make me feel better.

TheRealCallie said:
There's always a reason. Is it before the kids wake up? If so, chances are it's a quiet time for you and you think about all the difficulties you are going through and it's a time when you can break down for yourself, even if only for a moment. I think all moms do it, so you're not alone.

I think you've hit the nail here very accurately. It is before the kids wake up though my oldest helps with my insulin and blood glucose test as I have an aversion to sticking lancets in me. During this time between insulin and waiting for food, I go to pieces pondering the day ahead and wondering, will I cope? Anxiety rears it head and I weep. My young girl puts her arm around me which is so comforting, our moments together often when no words need to be said except the borrowing of a hanky.

I am grateful for your understanding. Thank you.

I think the low blood sugar + 'abandonment' issues explains all the crying.
Maybe tell your doctor about it next time you're in and maybe there is something they can suggest to alleviate the morning distress.

Though there is nothing shameful about crying. It's good to let things out sometimes. I don't understand why society has so many problems with the concept of crying... Humans were built with this capability for a reason!

If you feel like crying, you have every right to do so. Nothing bad in crying, it clears your mind and heart~ There is always a reason for any crying, though human mind is so complex and deep that whatever the reason is, you are doing it for reason. I hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

So sorry you feel like that, Mouse. The crying helps in that very moment as your body tries to wash out the stress hormones. I know that feeling so well. You start to cry and you can't clearly think of why, while your subconscious of course precisely knows why. Of course. Doubtless there is a lot buried down your soul, things you probably have never gotten to terms with.
I think so many people here can relate to that in one way or another. I so hope you will feel better one day, Mouse.
Hugs.

Despicable Me said:
I think the low blood sugar + 'abandonment' issues explains all the crying.
Maybe tell your doctor about it next time you're in and maybe there is something they can suggest to alleviate the morning distress.

Though there is nothing shameful about crying. It's good to let things out sometimes. I don't understand why society has so many problems with the concept of crying... Humans were built with this capability for a reason!

Yes, the low blood sugar providing it doesn't lower to potentially dangerous hypo levels can make me tearful and I have discussed this my doctor, and he agrees. Last night I had a serious meltdown about my newly diagnosed condition; it's also pain related. Only there is the emotional pain of abandonment which I have been experiencing during this week, and that triggered a whole series of abandonment problems that were family-related. Thank you for your insight.

lonelyfairy said:
If you feel like crying, you have every right to do so. Nothing bad in crying, it clears your mind and heart~ There is always a reason for any crying, though human mind is so complex and deep that whatever the reason is, you are doing it for reason. I hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

Thank you, Luv - yes, it has been extremely trying this week, but as TheRealCallie said so insightfully, "chances are it's a quiet time for you and you think about all the difficulties you are going through and it's a time when you can break down for yourself, even if only for a moment." She was relating a Mum.

The recent diagnosis is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome see NHS where mine is 'moderate', reducing my mobility and also, alarmingly, my feeling too exhausted to even have an instant messenger conversation with a friend. Just lately, I've been crying so much out of sheer frustration, but body pain has been so bad. So very bad, though painkillers have had to be changed.

I do thank you for your kindness. :)

RainbowWalker said:
So sorry you feel like that, Mouse. The crying helps in that very moment as your body tries to wash out the stress hormones. I know that feeling so well. You start to cry and you can't clearly think of why, while your subconscious of course precisely knows why. Of course. Doubtless there is a lot buried down your soul, things you probably have never gotten to terms with.
I think so many people here can relate to that in one way or another. I so hope you will feel better one day, Mouse.

Hugs.

You got it bang on there as to what is buried down in my troubled soul that honestly don't think I will ever come to terms with the loss of my brother walking away and saying such hurtful things... it's a one day at a time thing with me. Only I am determined to overcome this, one day.

(Hugs) back to you. :)

Latest posts

Back