I really need a friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doinel

Reaction score
Would anyone like to talk? I feel so acutely lonely that I don't know how to cope with it any more. I'm 40, male and from the south west UK. My life is quite limited by anxiety and depression and when you can't just walk out the door whenever you like, the world becomes full of strangers. Despite how I probably sound, I make an effort to be cheerful and good humoured. I'm easygoing and just want to share some kindness, good will and understanding. I'm interested in literature, history, music, politics, film, but always feel far from intelligent. Sharing the same interests isn't at all important though – it would just mean a lot to me to have some conversation, share experiences and friendship.

I think you can find that here. Feel free to join in.
Welcome to ALL.

Welcome to the forum Doinel! I'm sure you'll find all sorts of people here who can relate and who will be happy to be a friend, myself included (though I'm not in the UK). :)

If your interested in talking, send me a pm. I'd like to be your friend.

I'm in the UK too and there are several others too... best thing to do is read the board, reply to people's posts and questions and basically get involved. Getting PMs is nice too so make sure you respond to any you receive and basically have fun :)

Also there's a UK ALL meetup in the pipeline this summer if you are interested. Typically everyone who has replied seem to live in the extreme north, south, east and west of the country (not me, I'm in Worcestershire) so it'll take a lot of planning to get everyone together but I think it'll be a great day.

doinel said:
but always feel far from intelligent. Sharing the same interests isn't at all important though – it would just mean a lot to me to have some conversation, share experiences and friendship.

Hi doinel, I do feel the same, I suppose. I'm a 37 yo male living in the South East, in a longtime relationship but lacking interaction beyond. I'm not a native English speaker though.

rivermaze said:
doinel said:
but always feel far from intelligent. Sharing the same interests isn't at all important though – it would just mean a lot to me to have some conversation, share experiences and friendship.

Hi doinel, I do feel the same, I suppose. I'm a 37 yo male living in the South East, in a longtime relationship but lacking interaction beyond. I'm not a native English speaker though.

I can vouch that Rivermaize is awesome. :D

Welcome, doinel ))
Tell us about yourself. What's your profession, what books do you read?

Hi Doinel, I understand the paralyzing effects anxiety and depression can have, and alone in the boat it just makes hard times even worse. Give me a holler anytime.

Hi doinel,
What history u usually read about? What's got your interest recently?
I like recentish political history especially the spanish civil war but I don't read much and am so lazy am generally not the sharpest knife in the box haha (slob pride!)

doinel said:
Would anyone like to talk? I feel so acutely lonely that I don't know how to cope with it any more. I'm 40, male and from the south west UK. My life is quite limited by anxiety and depression and when you can't just walk out the door whenever you like, the world becomes full of strangers. Despite how I probably sound, I make an effort to be cheerful and good humoured. I'm easygoing and just want to share some kindness, good will and understanding. I'm interested in literature, history, music, politics, film, but always feel far from intelligent. Sharing the same interests isn't at all important though – it would just mean a lot to me to have some conversation, share experiences and friendship.

Hello, I'm not sure if you still need someone to talk to but I saw your post last week. I was browsing the web to look for someone to talk to. I was experiencing what you have experience last year and even if I have friends here I still feel depressed and feeling lonely. We just want someone to talk to about things that are going on with us. Someone who will not judge us.. Hope by replying here I could have some friends

I used to feel the same lonesome but recently Im feeling more bored than lonely for some reason.. I'm around if you need an ear :)

They say try to make friends but doing this, I mean I joined a voluntary group years ago just to try to make some friends, I look at today and I got no new contacts of anyone, apart from some guy, I haven't even made any plans to do anything with him either, I feel I'm always holding myself back. I feel it's always my fault I don't have any friends, all that time I've been volunteering and I never got anyone's number, never went out with anyone, it's crazy

Latest posts

Back