Changing how I eat

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelt

The Handler
Reaction score
I'm posting my journey on Twitter, and I am doing this with my boyfriend, so I have support, but I feel like I need more.

Yesterday I started the Whole30. Which is basically, you eat no grains, dairy, legumes, sugars, or processed foods for 30 days.

Lately I have been super stressed out with my job, and I am a stress eater. When I feel stressed, I want to drink all the pop and eat all the sweets I can get my hands on. Because this year has been pretty bad, I have eaten so much sugar, and it's taking a toll on my body.

And those of you that know me well, know that I am a "take action" kind of person, so I decided starting my spring break (two weeks this year!) I was going to do this, since I will have time to cook these foods and get use to it.

So here I am on day 2, I feel really tired (due to last week's stress), but not hungry! I hope I can keep this up for all 30 days!

Good for you for starting this. I've known a couple people who have tried Whole30 before and they both felt better once they made it through. It also helps that your boyfriend is doing it with you. You can definitely support each other.

You can make it! :)

That's fantastic. I would love to do something like this myself. Keep at it. I'm sure it's much more beneficial than eating horrible, sugary stuff that too many of us consume.

Thanks guys!

It's day 3 and I feel weird. I have an app on my phone that is counting down to day thirty, and has tips. It said today you might feel icky because your body is starting to detox. I think my sinuses are messing up too, so glad I can drink unsweetened tea on this!

I spent the morning cooking "Emergency Taco Salad" meat and salsa, in case I get hungry this week and just need to make a quick salad. I got some soup in the crockpot and right now making buffalo turkey meatballs. :)

Latest posts

Back