Please dont leave me....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
I had been very close to my grandfather during childhood. But as I grew up, I got busy and the bobd between us started fading. Now he is very old, not even able to walk. He lives at my uncle's because he is alone. And my uncle's family keep saying that he wouldn't live much longer. This is much rude, but its not false too... I want to go back there in the past, have those games in the backyard, go to the market with him to that shop where he would buy me variety of sweets. Play cricket with me, where he would bowl foever, but never ask to bat, see how he made those bows and arrows for me, find out how was he able to solve the rubiks cube at night after I fell asleep and I would find it solved and when I would ask who did this, he would say,"An angel came after you fell asleep, and she did this by magic"

He doesn't laugh and smile now, but I see that smile when I visir my uncle's house to meet him. I often find tears in his eyes when he is alone. I asked him why does he cry, but he never tells me.

I want to go to the past and live that time 1000s of times. I dont want him to go away.

I felt the same about Dad. Every day I think about him. And some days I cry missing him. Five years ago I started a journal so I could talk to him in it. I found that very comforting. You could try dedicating a journal to your Grandfather like I have, see if it helps. I so feel for you, really I do. (Hug)

Anna

I'm sorry M. It's always hard seeing those we love at that stage. It's never easy to go through when you're powerless to change things. I had a similar bond with my grandfather as well (though baseball was our sport of choice being in the States) and it was tough when the cancer was taking him. Like you I wanted to keep going back to the happier times and the storytelling.

All you can do is just be there with him and enjoy the moments you have. You'll each be remembering all the stories from over the years and just by your being there he'll know how much you care.

Although sadly you can't go back into the past, you can-as wolvesjr has written-spend time with your grandfather and enjoy the time you have now with him. Talking about the happy times you shared will hopefully recreate the close bond you had with him and maybe do a journal, as Mouse has suggested.

Spend as much time with him as you can, even if nothing is said or done. Sitting there with him could be comforting to him.

I had a similar relation with my grandmother. Precious memories. Try to see if you have photos about you too, that could comfort him as well. Usually only the short memory goes, the long ones stays way longer. I gather all the pictures of my Grand Parents and it safely stored. Every so often I find it comforting and get me closer back to them to re-open the old photo album.

People say, that people say that you will move on...But you cant actually. You will never forget the pain of losing him forever. Even after many years, you will feel the same pain..... Is that true???

Yes and no. Sometimes you will feel the same pain years from now and will sit and cry, but not all the time. Other things will come to the forefront of your mind a lot of the time as time goes by. My father died in 1997 and sometimes I still cry and miss him very much, but not all the time. Often I am thinking about other things.

Latest posts

Back