Travels with Mouse

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mouse

It was dear Dad who taught me photography (among other things such as writing), but also a love for his cameras and not the digital variety, either. He also had a wandering spirit, igniting in me the desire to travel to faraway places and capture the many wonderful images one encounters - grabbing that magic moment - during those journeys. Together we travelled everywhere, free spirits letting the music play, let life write it's own song as we danced to our own tune and a few drinkies besides. ;).

We visited Malta, namely that grand old lady Valletta, its well trod' capital and there beneath some granite arches was a row of lovely old vintage cars. I shot these and a great many other pictures borrowing his Leica M4P and its splendid 'M' lens, it F1.4 Summilux Aspherical. Ever after, all I used was that one camera and its lens, and to measure light the old fashioned way, his lovely old Gossen Lunasix 3.

malta%20vintage%20cars%20%201_zpsn5f54sec.jpg

malta%20vintage%20cars%20%202_zpsh9afmaub.jpg

malta%20vintage%20cars%20%203_zpstynmdxio.jpg

malta%20vintage%20cars%20%205_zpst2asyqxr.jpg

malta%20vintage%20cars%20%204_zpsc6x6cxxz.jpg

And then we travelled eastwards, to Greece, namely Kos and there just before sunrise I grabbed this shot of its northern harbour bathed in glorious gold.

kos%20harbour%20just%20before%20dawn_zpsv3yrzs0e.jpg

kos%20harbour%20just%20before%20dawn-2_zpsxmobphpx.jpg

kos%20dawn_zpsi5hgyi69.jpg

More to come, later.
:)

At Kos' harbour there we took the fast boat, a catamaran, to a far off island called Kalymnos, about half an hour's journey. He had a villa there, looking across to Telendos and that very first night we had a mother and a father of a thunderstorm. Behind Telendos came a menacing deep rumble, warning us to run inside and take cover! And then came a wall of rain. 0_o

kos-kal%20the%20night%20of%20the%20storm_zpsddu86tqk.jpg

koskal-storm_zpsblwjzoev.jpg

After the storm had cleared, a beautiful blue cast settled from sky to sea, bathing Telendos in deep midnight blue.

koskall_zpswtyxivt6.jpg

koskal%20night_zpslnb1zsvm.jpg

And then the lights went down.

koskal%20night%20on%20kalymnos_zpswmegcihv.jpg

koskal%20night%20on%20kalymnos-2_zpsxwoxilrn.jpg

The morning after, we were greeted by silver dancing on water.

kosdiamonds_zpsygreeskz.jpg

Diamonds, even!

diamonds%20on%20water_zpslhhedtjb.jpg

Next to come, meet my other family. .. ... .... ;)

Thank you Danielle! :)

We decided to have a picnic up the northern end part of the island, and found a little hollow to sit in, comfortably out of the stiff sea breeze blowing in. And then we heard some bells clonking.

Uh-ohh. O___O

kosgoat-possey_zps6l1jtbwc.jpg

Meet the posse!

kosgoat-meet_zpsozppax7w.jpg

"I think we'd better make ourselves scarce," mumbled Dad. "Before those buggers climb that chainlink fence and decide to join us." :rolleyes2:

kosgoats_zpsa2dinq3z.jpg

I was very glad his back was to us. These Kalymnian goats have a mind of their own when it comes to tourists. ..... Overseeing his territory with fish farms in the distance.. see those circular rings?

kosgoat_zps16dwylah.jpg

That same evening we went to Babi's Bar in Myrties where I took this grab shot just as the sun was going down. Taken on my cheapie Panasonic Lumix, sorry about the image 'noise', rather grainy, but still beautiful.

koskalll_zpskxxk9j2z.jpg

Agelica Apartments, Babis Bar from its swimming pool where i took that grab shot. And more to follow.

kamya said:
That goat will torture my soul in the afterlife.

Hahaa! Yes I know what you mean! :) And those goats can be quite grumpy, too. One of them butted Dad's hire car. :D

All my pictures as I have always said, are grab shots - snaps. Nothing technically brilliant. Just an easy sort of banter around some lovely places Dad and I went before he died, and to other countries with my bunch of kids and our great family.

Latest posts

Back