Why is everybody angry?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelydoc

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed how everybody is depressed and angry these days?

It's very palpable...the slightest things can send them over the edge. You pretty much have to tiptoe around everyone. And nobody seems to have an easygoing, cheerful disposition anymore.

What is it? Overcrowding? No money? Politics?

It used to be only white conservatives were angry. Now everybody is.

Why is it wrong to be angry? There was never a time where any group of people were cheerful all of the time. That's just mental. Most people are easygoing and cheerful around people they enjoy. Though perhaps we as humans are more guarded in a world where everyone wants something out of us and where anyone is likely to hurt us.

Or perhaps simply the people you've come into contact with happened to be angry at the point which you came into contact with them. Perhaps you said something to set them off and simply don't realize it. Surely, the individuals you've come across are no adequate sample for society at large, but I can assure you, there are plenty of people who are pleasant and personable by default.

TheRealCallie said:
Sorry, but Caucasians don't have a monopoly on anger and never have.

If that would have been the case there would have been a pill made for it to make the angry white guy a happy person like everyone else.

In my country the word of the year 2010 was "Enraged Citizen" which dealt with this very issue. When people don't know how to vent or exhibit their inner pain and the disagreement with the status quo anymore, they get mad. Who wouldn't? That's my perspective at least and I don't find this behavior surprising or exclusive to any part of the population.

As long as it isn't blind fury people are fueled by...cause that only leads to further stagnation. But anger channeled into a positive effort to make a change can be a good thing.

Everyone including women, have been grumpy for years. This was why a television series was shown on BBC TV. It was very popular. :)

[video=youtube]

Anger, one of the most powerful emotion. Why we are angry? Cause we are Humans. We have emotions, our whole life is surrounded by those. Angry at girlfriend cause she is not giving enough time, angry at boyfriend cause he is so careless sometimes, angry at boss cause he/she is pushing too much, angry at neighbors cause they are such a pain and husband-wife thing is everywhere as you can see. Pretty much you're angry at everyone. Reasons, simple one...you're expecting too much from them. You're getting your hopes high without evaluating things but that is Human nature to expect. If you say you don't expect anything you are simply lying to yourself. Expectations will always be there quantity may be less or more but it will always be there. There is not a single soul on Earth that doesn't expect anything. So when you don't get what you expect you either become depressed or it manifests into Anger. There is only one case when there will be no expectations, when you are not close with anyone in simple words No bonding with anyone which is almost impossible, everyone is bonded one way or another that is human nature to be bonded with others.

Channeling anger in positive way is very hard thing to do. I have tested it myself. At one time it sounded almost impossible but of course nothing is impossible in this world expect one thing. Suppressing the anger is not a good idea it may sound good on short term but on long term it will be more destructive, much harder to manage, the best thing to do is let it out little by little. Without hurting anyone specially not your ownself. Cause history is filled with examples what happens when you suppress the anger for too long and it manifests into something else.

Until this morning I've never been 100% angry until some muppet wrote a vicious letter upsetting my daughter. And they are going to find out the result of my anger very soon because I am not going to tolerate having my lovely child abused in this way. Now this I call constructive anger. A mother's anger, a mother protecting her child. To me this acceptable practice. I will not tolerate emotional terrorists.

Besides the obvious logical fallacies and exaggeration, people (in general) may be a little angrier these days because of the ever-widening income disparity between classes.
The lower classes are only getting lower, and the upper classes are only getting higher. The middle class is essentially disappearing altogether as a part of either the lower or upper classes.

History demonstrates to us that we are nearing a social event. We are proceeding on a state of global revolution. The precursory events to this are already taking place and history is the indicator that this is now inevitable and is already effecting the global populace. It is only a matter of time now for this to culminate.

Though, I might as well point out that generally speaking people are relatively not much more 'angry' in their daily lives as in the past. Obviously anger was never concentrated in the field of white conservatives, that is utter nonsense, nor were people always happy in the past. Their anger was simply in a different state than it is today. It is why you might recognize it differently, because it was somewhat different. But this is speaking entirely within generalizations.

I'm angry because I have acid reflux and it's carrying on with a vengeance.

Mouse said:
Yes, I know the feeling all too acutely, Roseblot. :rolleyes2:

Sharp as always huh, i wonder who your next target will be. You're really quite interesting.

But seriously, fresia you.

Rosebolt said:
Mouse said:
Yes, I know the feeling all too acutely, Roseblot. :rolleyes2:

Sharp as always huh, i wonder who your next target will be. You're really quite interesting.

But seriously, **** you.

Oh dear, 'think I hit a nerve there. Have rep for goodwilly. :p

lonelydoc said:
Have you ever noticed how everybody is depressed and angry these days?

Not really. The only thing I've noticed lately is everyone staring at their screens like brain-dead woodpeckers instead of upward and outward.
I only get incandescently angry maybe once a month or so *cough*
Today I got hangry.

Are you angry?

-Teresa

Angry, Me? No way. Pfft, I never get angry. Do I look like angry? I'm telling ya I'm not angry. I'm telling ya, seriously I'm not angry. Seriously, I'm not angry at all. I'm not angry, I'm definitely not angry. Nobody can make me angry, hell no!

****! I'm getting angry again :p LOL.

May be I will use this thread when I'm really angry. Sometimes later I guess when somebody will be testing my patience limit, Oh yeah. let see how I handle it this time :D

I don't think humanity as a whole is any more of less angry than it was in the past, but we live far easier lives than we ever have, so we've got a lot more time on our hands and very little on which to focus our anger.

I have to be honest and say that I can be a very angry individual. I'm prone to fly off the handle at any minute and, when I do, it's like a cyclone ripping through nature. I'm no longer in control and anything in my way gets destroyed. I've learned to control it more as I have aged and it's been a long time since it happened, but it's still there underneath the surface - it just needs something to push me over edge.

Latest posts

Back