worried

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk9007

Reaction score
my niece has surgery tomorrow, im scared that somethings going to happen. shes only 1, she has her whole life ahead of her. im so scared that im not even going to go watch. my mom assures me its a simple operation, and i know that i should probily listen to her concidering shes been a nurst for like 30 years. still though i can help but worry.could use some encouraging words.

Hi there hawk, Well I have had lots of surgery in my life. I can only say that at the time of surgery it probably was easier for me then the ppl that loved me. And all the surgery I have had has been as an adult or nearly an adult so at lest your niece is young and well not remember anything or be worried about it herself.

I would say your mom has said pretty much what I would have said.

You obviously love her. She is lucky to have a family like she has :)

PS, whats the OP?

hawk9007 said:
ears i think, but shes going to be put to sleep. what if thares a problem and she dosnt wake up from it or something

She well, I had hernia surgery end of last year. I had to be put to sleep for it. Them ppl really know there stuff you know. I mean they train for there jobs like longer then anything that you could do. They are very capably ppl that do this things. You have nothing to worry about. she be back with you sooner nuff mate.

i had a blood transfusion when i was a baby and im fine :p. i doubt an operation on her ears can be life threatening, so yeah theres no need to worry.

I can understand being you being worried about it because it is pretty new. The surgeon is a skilled professional with a well trained team that has done the same operation many times. They will take good care of her.

Hawk,

I so understand your fear!

In my time on this planet I have been put 'under' lots of times, twice when I was young, and 4 times as an adult...and I have woken up everytime!

Administering the anesthetic is a highly practiced procedure done by people who are more than well trained to do this. It may help you to know that as I am typing this in I am talking to one of our staff doctors (I work in a pharmacy). they are telling me that the anethsthetic is by far the safest part of the operation! she told me that its always the patients families that are scared about this part...but she assures me it is completely safe!

Since it's to do with her ears, it's probably a routine op. Kids always seem to get over such things really easily as well, so she'll be bouncing around before you know it (probably the same day)

hawk9007 said:
ears i think, but shes going to be put to sleep. what if thares a problem and she dosnt wake up from it or something

Hello (((Hawk)))
Is she going to have "tubes" put in her ears? Its called a myringotomy. They usualy do it because the child is having too many ear infections.
You can bet she will be monitored carefully during surgery and IF it is a myringotomy, it really isn't too bad.
I understand it is scarey for someone you love to have surgery. It's understandable.

Latest posts

Back