rejected for 30 years has bred extreme low self esteem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordofLosers

Reaction score
so what does a man do after being rejected at every turn for the last 30 years? why are so many other men better than me? why are all these women so cruel and rude? how can anyone have confidence in themselves when you're laughed at, or verbally put down, publicly humiliated...? at my age now i dont see myself ever being with anyone because IM NOT worthy... every lady i speak to has something WRONG to say about me... and dont give me, you havent met the right one yet, bullshit... cause that is exactly what it is... this world is based on looks, money and power... NOTHING MORE...

LordofLosers said:
so what does a man do after being rejected at every turn for the last 30 years? why are so many other men better than me? why are all these women so cruel and rude? how can anyone have confidence in themselves when you're laughed at, or verbally put down, publicly humiliated...?

I think you should give some examples to explain what you mean here.

LordofLosers said:
every lady i speak to has something WRONG to say about me... and dont give me, you havent met the right one yet, bullshit

I wasn't about to say that because I have been told the same thing and I am still waiting for the right one. I can't give you any advice on this because I don't know it myself. It burns me up when people tell me I am so nice I should be able to meet anybody. Then why don't I? They say it because they don't know what else to say.

LordofLosers said:
this world is based on looks, money and power... NOTHING MORE...

Oh hell yeah. I believe in all my heart that if you give a girl a choice of being with a guy who is average looking and will treat her good and not run around on her or give her reason to doubt the relationship or being with a really handsome guy that will treat her like crap and come and go when he pleases and if the spirit moves him he'll screw her sister. She will take the handsomer guy in a minute. No one even try to change my mind on this because the same women that don't give you a chance are the same ones who complain that there are no good men out there.

You're hurting so much. I can see it.

I just want you to know, I feel for you.

Right. Just one guy is.

Lesson learned. People don't give a ****.

BeyondShy said:
LordofLosers said:
so what does a man do after being rejected at every turn for the last 30 years? why are so many other men better than me? why are all these women so cruel and rude? how can anyone have confidence in themselves when you're laughed at, or verbally put down, publicly humiliated...?

I think you should give some examples to explain what you mean here.

LordofLosers said:
every lady i speak to has something WRONG to say about me... and dont give me, you havent met the right one yet, bullshit

I wasn't about to say that because I have been told the same thing and I am still waiting for the right one. I can't give you any advice on this because I don't know it myself. It burns me up when people tell me I am so nice I should be able to meet anybody. Then why don't I? They say it because they don't know what else to say.

LordofLosers said:
this world is based on looks, money and power... NOTHING MORE...

Oh hell yeah. I believe in all my heart that if you give a girl a choice of being with a guy who is average looking and will treat her good and not run around on her or give her reason to doubt the relationship or being with a really handsome guy that will treat her like crap and come and go when he pleases and if the spirit moves him he'll screw her sister. She will take the handsomer guy in a minute. No one even try to change my mind on this because the same women that don't give you a chance are the same ones who complain that there are no good men out there.

yup, they complain all men are ******** and yet you are staring them right in the face... but because you are not perfect by their bullshit standards, you're honeysuckle out of luck... so why bother?

LordofLosers said:
yup, they complain all men are ******** and yet you are staring them right in the face... but because you are not perfect by their bullshit standards, you're honeysuckle out of luck... so why bother?

If you don't try, you don't win..?

BeyondShy said:

That's kind of sad to know people actually truly believe in this. Not saying that it never occurs, because it surely does - and I can count on at least one hand people I've known in my life that tacked onto someone just because the person showed them the interest and affection they were looking for - but still... The mere thought is sad to me. I'd go for mediocre who I got along with and genuinely liked over handsome who treats me like I mean nothing. However, handsome or not, I'd much prefer to have someone that I get along with in general, regardless of what he looks like.

VanillaCreme said:
BeyondShy said:

That's kind of sad to know people actually truly believe in this. Not saying that it never occurs, because it surely does - and I can count on at least one hand people I've known in my life that tacked onto someone just because the person showed them the interest and affection they were looking for - but still... The mere thought is sad to me. I'd go for mediocre who I got along with and genuinely liked over handsome who treats me like I mean nothing. However, handsome or not, I'd much prefer to have someone that I get along with in general, regardless of what he looks like.

Same. My current boyfriend isn't the most handsome of them all but he's the sweetest person I know. He listens to me (knows I'm on here), gets up in the middle of the night for me (when I'm having a panic attack). I wouldn't want to trade him. I wouldn't want a more handsome guy just because. I love him because he's the only one that gets me, not because of the way he looks.

Ask yourself this: Why would you want that kind of woman that treats men that way? Find someone better than that.

The first step would be to talk to people and let them know how you are feeling. Do you have a close friend you can turn to? A family member that will listen? Sometimes just saying what is on your mind, outloud to someone that cares about you can help. They also may have some suggestions.

If you feel there is noone like that in your life, I would say, make a doctors appointment and talk there, they will be able to make suggestions for the help you might need.

VanillaCreme said:
That's kind of sad to know people actually truly believe in this.

I agree with you. But I have seen it over and over.

Rainbows said:
Same. My current boyfriend isn't the most handsome of them all but he's the sweetest person I know. He listens to me (knows I'm on here), gets up in the middle of the night for me (when I'm having a panic attack). I wouldn't want to trade him. I wouldn't want a more handsome guy just because. I love him because he's the only one that gets me, not because of the way he looks.

If you say so.

HoodedMonk said:
Obviously it does matter since you got upset.

I'm not going to let you guilt me, sorry.

I'm not trying to do anything. It just doesn't matter to me what you said. I have other things to think about.

Danielle said:
The first step would be to talk to people and let them know how you are feeling. Do you have a close friend you can turn to? A family member that will listen? Sometimes just saying what is on your mind, outloud to someone that cares about you can help. They also may have some suggestions.

If you feel there is noone like that in your life, I would say, make a doctors appointment and talk there, they will be able to make suggestions for the help you might need.

i have a therapist i see twice a month, guess i could start there... what can i do that will help improve my self esteem in the meantime?

I agree with Danielle, talk to someone about it.
Also, break out of your cycle, meet new people, do new things, do different things, volunteer, get a new hobby, whatever. Find new people to be around, but remember, you can get a pretty good idea of what you might get back from them from where you are meeting them. So, if you meet them at a bar, they could very well be loud and overbearing, whereas if you meet them at a soup kitchen, they will be more likely to be caring and considerate.
Now, there are exceptions of course and that by no means applies to everyone, so you COULD meet someone caring at a bar and someone who is an ass at a soup kitchen.
Once you find some like minded people who are more caring, you will feel better about yourself, but giving up will get you nowhere. Keep trying.

Rainbows said:
VanillaCreme said:
BeyondShy said:

Ask yourself this: Why would you want that kind of woman that treats men that way? Find someone better than that.

I agree with Rainbows and Nilla.
Also, the less good looking people can treat you like honeysuckle too. I will go for personality any day. At the end of the day, it's not about how you look, it's about how you act and how you treat people. Looks don't last (unless of course you pay for them to last), but a good heart will last forever.

TheRealCallie said:
At the end of the day, it's not about how you look, it's about how you act and how you treat people. Looks don't last (unless of course you pay for them to last), but a good heart will last forever.

That is a very nice thing to say.

LordofLosers said:
ok... so lets say that i want to stop feeling so down... what is the first step?

Do you work ?

If not, get a job that you can stand. And something that involves working with people, in a shop or café. The thing is working with people, talking to them gives you experience of dealing with people. I used to be shy, never could speak to anybody. Working in customer service just learns you the skills needed to have conversations, tells jokes etc.

And if you can't find retail work then volunteer for some charity work. Help people. Stop thinking about bad things are and concentrate on other people who are less well off than you.

Of course work means money and that lovely 'work over, free time' feeling you get when your working week is over. Spend the cash on things you always wanted, start a new hobby. Travel, see things, experience things, learn. And hopefully you won't feel so bad about yourself and because of this, people will like you more.

im not able to work cause im on disability, but i am attending a trade school in the fall for auto mechanics so i can get a real job... my social anxiety disorder is what keeps me hidden indoors all the time, the thought of being around strangers really makes my body sick inside. its not just a weird feeling, its a actual sickness i get and then i need to get away from that situation or else... so i dont know how i will be able to be around people... sorry but my brain isnt wired like everyone else and i am not going to lose my bowels just so i can say, HEY... i did it...

Latest posts

Back