Birthday Gift Ideas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
Tomorrow is my sister's birthday She is 14 years old. I have never given gift to anyone. So I dont know what shall I give her. Any ideas??

HoodedMonk said:
What is she into? Does she have interests/Hobbies?

I wondered the same thing too. If you know what she likes or her interests, it'd help get something more specific. Otherwise, hmm.. let's see. Now, I suck at gifting myself so my suggestion here might be a little on the boring side - warning you first lol.

Oh also, what's your budget?

When my niece was 14, I got her a card and some birthday money, and a dream catcher. Which she absolutely loved. She loved anything handcrafted or meaningful like that. She didn't put it on her bed though, she carried it around with her as a key chain of some sort. Besides that I had considered a handmade bracelet, of course the card and money too as the standard items she'd get from me. They always appreciate money because they can get whatever they want lol.

If your sister likes reading and you know the kind of books she likes to read, you could get that too. A good quality pair of headphones or earphones if she loves listening to music and cares a lot about the sounds and the quality.

Stuff like that.. I can think of these for now. If you need more ideas, that are more specific, do say so what she likes and I'll try to think up of more things for you. Good luck!

Depending on your budget, buy your sis either a Swatch watch or an Ice watch. Both can be found on Amazon and are very stylish. Ask your mum to buy the one you've chosen, give her the money and ask her to order it. Last year I gave my 12 year old daughter an Ice Watch, a purple one. It's pretty, it's tough and still looks great. She's had many an admiring comment on it, too.

Other than that, how about one of these lovely Paperblanks French Ornate Slim Notebook with Unlined Pages - Violet

Very appealing, feminine. She'd love something like that. :)

2859.jpg

Well I know what she doesnt like. She doesnt like reading, rubiks cube and video games.

I dont know what she likes.

Does she like music? Does she have a favourite band or singer?
nail polishes/lip balms
vouchers for her favourite shop then she can choose something herself

She already has so much of make up things. And, it would be wierd to ask on the previous evening of her birthday what she likes

M_also_lonely said:
She already has so much of make up things. And, it would be wierd to ask on the previous evening of her birthday what she likes

Then just get something that you feel is best for her. Whatever the reason is, you can tell her why you got it. I think that's the best gift. I'm sure she'd appreciate it. I think there are several suggestions given above you can consider.

M_also_lonely said:

I don't think it'd be weird. Just tell her... I'd like to get you something you'd enjoy, but I'm not sure what you'd like. Anything you'd like to have in specific?

That's not offensive or mean or anything. I know I'd rather know what someone wanted than to get them something they didn't like or had no use for. If you really don't want to ask, then money or gift cards is generally a good thing as well. She's only a teen; A 20 dollar bill and a card should do. Maybe a bag of candy.

VanillaCreme said:
M_also_lonely said:

I don't think it'd be weird. Just tell her... I'd like to get you something you'd enjoy, but I'm not sure what you'd like. Anything you'd like to have in specific?

That's not offensive or mean or anything. I know I'd rather know what someone wanted than to get them something they didn't like or had no use for. If you really don't want to ask, then money or gift cards is generally a good thing as well. She's only a teen; A 20 dollar bill and a card should do. Maybe a bag of candy.

Thank you.

Find out all the things she likes, then think about what you can get her.

Or if you can't be bothered to think about it, make her write a list of things she wants, then pick some. Can't go wrong :D

Latest posts

Back