Hey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelsey

Reaction score
Well hi everyone, I'm Kelsey. I wouldn't say I'm lonely as in having know friends, I've just been seriously lonely since losing my brother in March this year :( and have been meaning to join a forum like this.

I speak to my friends and my friends speak to me about what happened everyday but I just get the feeling they're only doing it because they pity me or something

Heyya welcome on board.. there can b times when family is lyk that but u gtta kn that no matter what happns there is no one who cares abou ad much as ur family does

Hey Kelsey, firstly, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. I can't imagine how devastating it must've been. You two must have been close if you felt very lonely after it happened. :(

I think, most of the time, people, be it our friends or family - they don't know how to react or treat you when they know you've had a loss of a loved one. In my case, when my father passed away, my friends didn't mention it at all after the funeral, thinking that I may not want to talk about it or that talking about it would upset me but the truth was, I would've welcomed the acknowledgement of what I was going through.

I think we can't expect others to understand our situation of loss, or understand how exactly to behave around us because most of the time, they have not gone through a similar experience and so do not know how it feels like. What I did was to remove myself and distance from everyone around me but I don't think that is a good idea. Best is to speak up, if you really want to talk about it with them. If you don't want them to be sympathetic with you at all times, then talk to them about it. Allow them to realise what they should or should not do in order to help you in this grieving process.

Once again, my deepest condolences to you and your family. I hope that you can get through this difficult period with ease and sufficient support nonetheless. You can also express yourself here and talk about it whenever you feel like it, there are quite a number of us who knows what it's like to lose a loved one to death. Sending you peace and best wishes. *hugs*

Thank you for the welcomes :)

We were very close and its like we are still waiting for him to walk through the front door :( I think I just need to post everything that happened just to get it off my chest because there's things I've just never talked about to my friends

Welcome to the site. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can make some meaningful connections here :)

Kelsey said:

We were very close and its like we are still waiting for him to walk through the front door :( I think I just need to post everything that happened just to get it off my chest because there's things I've just never talked about to my friends

I hope that you do post what you feel. That's what ALL is for. To talk about things here that you can't elsewhere.

HoodedMonk said:
Kelsey said:

I hope that you do post what you feel. That's what ALL is for. To talk about things here that you can't elsewhere.

Agreed, we're here for you, Kelsey.

Thanks again, I actually wrote down over the weekend what happened from start to finish which got a bit of my mind.

I'd post it on here but its too long

Kelsey said:
Thanks again, I actually wrote down over the weekend what happened from start to finish which got a bit of my mind.

I'd post it on here but its too long

That's okay if it's too long, you can still post it. Just try to give more paragraphing, makes it easier for readers to go through it. Feel free to post it when you're ready. :)

Latest posts

Back