Here after googling on the subject of lonelyness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McDamned

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm from the Netherlands, feeling very lonely in life, hence me being here now, though I'd have to admitt i've choosen this kinda life for myself. Solitude born out of idealism I guess as its hard for others to live up to my values. I have no ambitions other than being the very best version of myself and to meet someone to share life with one day, someone up to my level and values. I go through times of suffering but also through times of joy and when I actually feel very happy. That kinda sums it up nicely :rolleyes:

Regards

McDamned said:
Solitude born out of idealism I guess as its hard for others to live up to my values.

Wow, I couldn't relate to that notion any more intensely. Thanks for putting it into words and letting me know there is at least someone out there who has similar thoughts to my own.

Welcome!! :)

McDamned said:
Hi there, I'm from the Netherlands, feeling very lonely in life, hence me being here now, though I'd have to admitt i've choosen this kinda life for myself. Solitude born out of idealism I guess as its hard for others to live up to my values. I have no ambitions other than being the very best version of myself and to meet someone to share life with one day, someone up to my level and values. I go through times of suffering but also through times of joy and when I actually feel very happy. That kinda sums it up nicely :rolleyes:

Regards

I googled "i have no social life in college" (which is so true for me, i've yet to do anything with my friends this whole year thanks to my family) and found this. How did i not find this sooner? And yes, my handle is true... it is for me because as much as i don't want to admit it, i never had a girlfriend in high school. All the ladies would go for the football players and jocks, not me the nice guy. Guess I'm just unlucky. :(

Well all is not lost yet, I didnt have a girlfriend till the age of 17, things can happen quite easily if you allow yourself and dont shy away too much :) In the mean time you could start doing a little fitness and/or cardio (running/cycling/swimming etc.) for instance, it'll be good for your health and will boost your confidence levels but will also work as an anti-depressant. The internet contains a big repository of data about the subject and best of all, its totally free :)

In a sense most of us are unlucky, life itself isnt a free ride but the main thing you wanna do is stay as positive as you can be, there will be other times and you will meet people but there will also be more loneliness and more people to meet. Think about it and ask yourself, would you yourself rather meet fresh/positive people or people that are filled with negativity? The answer is obvious and why you yourself gotta keep being positive, people will come by but who will they encounter?, that is all that matters and the thing which will/can make all the difference.

Latest posts

Back