Feeling Anxious..... Is expressing yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_long_journey

Reaction score
Is expressing yourself and talking about life events okay online?
Should I regret talking about personal life events? I dont know my mind is racing a million miles per hour. Is it even okay for me to talk?? I'm sooo scared to express myself...omg I'm freaking out

:( If I talk about past events then people read it...or what they read so far...what happens if people would think that I'm such a lost that they dont want to be my friend. Omg ....How do I not let events control me?

I dont remember all characters well in anime....unless it's you know dbz/sm/ main one piece characters....

how do I connect with other people with a learning disability

Attachments

• IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 10
I think that talking about yourself and about personal life events online is ok as long as you protect your identity scrupulously and are also very selective in which sites you post and about the sorts of life experiences you write about. I wouldn't put anything too personal on Facebook for instance as it would be too exposing. And there are certain experiences I have had which I would never write about online as they are too personal. There are predators out there who will home in on someone they perceive as vulnerable, but as long as you take precautions you should be ok.

As long as it's not 'too personal' (as in, stuff other people don't want to ever know, like details about your sex life) it's alright to post about if you need to get it out. Don't just hold stuff in because you feel you need to hold it in.
Like Tiina said, maybe it's best not to post where people might know your identity. The exception to that might be if its stuff you want people to know about you, personally, or if you're wanting to share something with people you know in real life.

You shouldn't really ever regret doing something. What's done is done. If it didn't turn out well then that's just something you learned and couldn't have learned without trying it first. So what is there to regret? Regret is best saved for when you repeatedly make the same mistake again and again and do nothing to try to stop it.

Events never control you. You control them. If you feel as if they are controlling you then you're merely forgetting to play your part in them. Even in the worst of circumstances when we seem to have absolutely no hand in our fate we can guide the situation to the best outcome possible. So this feeling is nothing more than an illusion. We are the masters of our own destinies.

Latest posts

Back