Hi! I'm lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimmer

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I realised I was so lonely recently when I entered into a room, full of people I knew, and realised that they were all just acquaintances. It was the first time in my life that I felt lonely yet.. surrounded. My chest felt like it had been punched, and I couldn't shake the feeling until a couple of days after.

I have no close, deep and meaningful friendships. I want a soul sister. Maybe I can find one here?

I'm in my twenties and I'm the kind of person who doesn't want anyone to be lonely. I'm not scared of people who feel lonely either, because I feel so lonely too. I just wish I could give everyone a big hug. Surely lonely people together become just people together, right? :)

I think I have a bit of protective layer around me, preventing anyone from getting too close, hence the load of acquaintances. I fear judgement, fear rejection, fear repelling others, yadda yadda. I'm sure you all know how I feel. I'd like to learn to get comfortable with someone. It'd be nice. I know I have so ******* much to give but have so much fear that nobody gets to receive it.

Anyway I hope you're all having a nice day.
:)

Hi Shimmer,
Im also in my twenties and can completely relate to all the feelings you have described. Welcome and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me. Have a great day.

Hi Shimmer, welcome to the forum :) nothing worse than being in a room full of "friends" and feeling completely isolated -it feels just... wrong

ok, I guess there is worse, but still, it's pretty bad

Latest posts

Back